Author Topic: Zombielites (was: dead elite standing)  (Read 34548 times)

odst glitcher

• founder of the AR and zombie elites
    • View Profile
Re: dead elite standing
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 01:47:36 »
Do it again (to be triple sure it always happens) and post a video of it. Also, try to make it as short as possible.

i`m currently offline but scat might be able to post the new vid and yes i`ll triple try but it happened both times with the right amount of explosions
who are you and why are you looking at my profile

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 01:48:18 »
Cold is gonna shit bricks when he sees this... How many 'nades need to be around the body?
...this coffee sucks.

odst glitcher

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 01:50:07 »
Cold is gonna shit bricks when he sees this... How many 'nades need to be around the body?

no idea but we betrayed alot and i ain`t counting them all

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 02:14:05 »
Some facts about this report by the SGP KIDZ (well they are the youngest members, I believe!):

1:  It clears VOIDO.  Well done.

2:  Squidhenge is visited first by Scatcycle well before any grenade shenanigans take place to cause the standing events.

3:  D06 is bumped when the standing events occur.  It was accidentally bumped when OG hit the D10 preload boundary near door D0410-A after he picks up the nearby COMM Data.  This warps Scatcycle out of Squidhenge to OG's position.  When OG returns to D06 (05:43), the Loading message appears and the bump is complete.  

4:  Scatcycle wanders into the D03 preload boundary at door D0403-B on his way to get the nearby COMM Data (06:31).  This warps OG to Cycle's position.  OG returns to D06 (08:38) and completes a second bump of the already bumped district.  

Nomenclature
"Inner Elite", named due to its location inside of the henge circle:

"Outer Elite", named due to its location outside of the henge circle:

Selected Events (A Time Line)

15:38:  The players both enter Squidhenge.

16:17:  OG melees the Inner Elite

17:12:  OG melees the Outer Elite five times.  This pushes the Elite mostly within the henge.

17:44:  Scat kills one of the Engineers with a melee attack.  He does this because he previously killed OG, who is now getting the "Waiting to respawn (area not safe)" message.

17:50:  Scat begins firing on the second Enginner using his SMG.  

18:40:  The Engineer has ascended VERY high into the air above the henge which is enough distance for OG to respawn.

18:17:  Scat throws down a grenade.  The first explosion causes the Inner Elite to fly backwards.  

18:19:  A second explosion continues to propel the Inner Elite well outside the henge until it hits the ground

18:19:  A third explosion has minor impact.  

18:20:  A huge fourth explosion occurs in the center of the henge which moves the Outer Elite toward the outside.  

18:20:  The Outer Elite begins standing from a face-down position.

18:21:  A fifth explosion happens right on top of the Outer Elite.  

18:21:  The Outer Elite is almost fully standing when a sixth explosion occurs in the center of the henge.  The Outer Elite continues to stand until 18:23 when it falls forward.

18:25:  The Outer Elite comes to a complete rest after approximately 3.79 seconds of standing.  During the explosions, OG dies again.  Scat fires on the remaining Engineer again to revive him.

18:50:  OG begins to melee the Outer Elite back into the henge.

18:57:  OG begins to melee the Inner Elite back into the henge.

19:28:  OG shoots the Engineer again to revive Scat.  

19:58:  OG shoots the Engineer again to revive Scat.  

20:38:  OG melees the Outer Elite.

20:48:  OG melees the Outer Elite.

20:59:  Cycle throws a grenade.  The explosion launches the Outer Elite into the air while the Inner Elite remains in place.

21:01:  A second explosion occurs in the middle of henge while Outer Elite is still airborne.  Inner Elite remains in place.

21:02:  A third explosion occurs in the middle of henge while Outer Elite is still (very) airborne.  Inner Elite now becomes airborne.

21:03:  A fourth explosion occurs in the middle of henge.  

21:03:  The Inner Elite begins to stand from a face-up position.

21:03:  A fifth explosion occurs in the middle of the henge while Inner Elite is standing.

21:04:  A sixth explosion occurs in the middle of the henge.   The Inner Elite is now fully standing and the Outer Elite has hit the ground.

21:08:  The Inner Elite begins to fall forward after approximately 5.28 seconds of standing.

21:09:  The Inner Elite comes to rest.

Observations
Both of the elites (Inner and Outer) exhibit this behavior.
The elites stand for 3-5 seconds.
It doesn't matter which way the elites are lying down (face-down or face-up)
The elite begins standing with a large explosion and exactly two more explosions occur right on top of it as it stands.

Recommendations
This needs to be repeated and variables need to be eliminated.  Please document every attempt with a video.
  • Will Elites outside of the henge do this?  Yes.  Confirmed by CG and Enigma.
  • Are Engineers required to be nearby?  No.  Confirmed by CG and Enigma.
  • Will Elites stand if they are never hit with a melee attack?
  • Can this be done with only one player?
  • Can this be done outside of D06?
  • Can this be done outside of CM:MS, e.g. in CM:TP?
  • Will this happen if the district is not bumped?  Yes.  Confirmed by CG and Enigma.

Very well done, guys!  This is exciting!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:21:40 by ColdGlider »
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 02:14:28 »
we did again and i have pics and vids. but there in file share  so i'll try and get a legit non xbox one. check pics
I feel it

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 02:57:32 »
I dont know if anyone recalls...way back when, I was trying to get that Elite group ( just outside the henge where the empty 'Y' glyphs are) to the henge, in hopes that they would be needed for an event or something. Well anyways I spent like 2hrs or so trying to beat them down and nade em.....it took to long so I gave up. ( agian this was a while ago)

This was on solo ( no vid ) but the Elites did stand up, this also works with marines or anything dead for that matter.

It is exciting that the SGP KIDZ documented it!

Wonder what I could do with this.... ::)

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 03:36:07 »
see the new VID in my post before this. its mombass strts 001
we didnt bump the district this time. we tried it with a brute. didnt work. But i do say we give it another try. We did it with no engies. We didnt try elites out of the henge though. tomorow morning (for me) we will def try it though. we will also try on tarazy plaza. Another thing thats weird is when we went to opposite of crater to try on a brute the tri glyph wasnt there. once we started betraying for nades it was there after i  had died! strange.

thanks for that huge amout of time you used to make that post coldglider. Also the new one in my file share is updated with more stuff. BTW my tri glyph is there so "i can haz achievment?"

One last note: Elites do not hold weapons like carbine or sniper if you put it next to them. You cant walk through the elites.

>>SENT: [FOREMAN.ADMIN.SGP] 2009.12.20 >>  ACHIEVEMENT CRITERIA MET - GLYPH HUNTER - SGP MEMBER 'Scatcycle' : BLOOP BLEEP!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 09:50:26 by FOREMAN »
I feel it

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Re: Zombielites (was: dead elite standing)
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2009, 09:38:33 »
Enigma and I did some testing with this.  Our video is here.  We went to the dead Elites under the sniper walkway in D06 (near D0604-A).  We were able to get all five of them to stand together.  

Photo 1

Photo 2

• We did not bump the district.
  • We had three skulls on:  Cowbell, Grunt Birthday Party, IWHBYD
  • Naturally, there were no engineers in the immediate vicinity

This eliminates a few- but certainly not all- variables.

As you can see from Photo 1, the animation will run even while the Elites are being blasted through the air.  In Photo 2 the Elite in the white suit has landed just in time for a photo op.

It is very interesting to me that a "standing up" animation was included in the game for the Elites.  Why would this be needed, and why would it be triggered by the explosions?  The thought that there is some secret way to get Engineers to "repair" dead Elites is tantalizing and might explain why that was included... but I'm not holding my breath.  

I was having so much fun snapping photos that I felt like Kenji.  Here is one of my favorites, entitled "Elite Fire Demon 2":

Photo 3

You can see many more photos currently sitting in my Recent Snapshots as well as a few that were promoted to by Bungie Gallery.  Finally, the SGP Gallery was updated to include a Zombielites! Album within the "City Streets / D06" parent album.  Future Zombielites photos now have their own home.

Special thanks to Enigma for helping me out with this tonight.   Naturally, a big thank you goes to the SGP KIDZ for keeping their eyes open and turning a "hey look, it stood up for a sec" observation into what I think we all can consider a bona fide discovery.  Way to go, guys!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:23:18 by ColdGlider »

Hornet 416 (Vandal)

• Now thats what i call a Explosion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 11:55:34 »
Seems watching you do these Glitches does work out sometimes  :o
*Stares At Wall*

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 12:15:53 »
Welcome aboard, Hornet!

For those who don't already know, Mr. Hornet is the "brother" we have all been hearing about.
 :)

Please:  no sibling rivalry in the public forum!  KIC!

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 12:40:54 »
The Summary of Findings has been updated with this discovery.

Hornet 416 (Vandal)

• Now thats what i call a Explosion
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2009, 13:03:35 »
Welcome aboard, Hornet!

For those who don't already know, Mr. Hornet is the "brother" we have all been hearing about.
 :)

Please:  no sibling rivalry in the public forum!  KIC!

I lol'd  :D
*Stares At Wall*

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2009, 13:41:50 »
B.net announcement of this discovery is here

odst glitcher

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2009, 13:49:46 »
see the new VID in my post before this. its mombass strts 001
we didnt bump the district this time. we tried it with a brute. didnt work. But i do say we give it another try. We did it with no engies. We didnt try elites out of the henge though. tomorow morning (for me) we will def try it though. we will also try on tarazy plaza. Another thing thats weird is when we went to opposite of crater to try on a brute the tri glyph wasnt there. once we started betraying for nades it was there after i  had died! strange.

thanks for that huge amout of time you used to make that post coldglider. Also the new one in my file share is updated with more stuff. BTW my tri glyph is there so "i can haz achievment?"

One last note: Elites do not hold weapons like carbine or sniper if you put it next to them. You cant walk through the elites.

>>SENT: [FOREMAN.ADMIN.SGP] 2009.12.20 >>  ACHIEVEMENT CRITERIA MET - GLYPH HUNTER - SGP MEMBER 'Scatcycle' : BLOOP BLEEP!

hey scat i tried with a friend outside the henge but no luck when you get online you wanna try make that assault elite stand up

and we can try and bring a covenant patrol inside the henge and see if they stand

oh and cold i will try the no melee at sometime and try with other dead guys
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 13:58:36 by odst glitcher »

odst glitcher

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2009, 14:34:39 »
ok sorry for what bungie.net people would call double posting but i have a good idea

what if we bring the ghost into the henge it would make the whole thing quicker