Author Topic: Commandeering the City's Garbage Trucks  (Read 2885 times)

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
Commandeering the City's Garbage Trucks
« on: December 29, 2009, 21:06:45 »
Go here and listen carefully to what Buck says at 2:28 - "Hell, we could commandeer the City's garbage trucks if we needed".

Could this mean we can do it? We've all seen Phantoms carrying what looks like garbage containers. We've all seen the Oliphants in CM:MS.
Does it mean anything at all?
If so, what does it mean?
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
Re: Commandeering the City's Garbage Trucks
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 21:11:48 »
i think its an insight to the last level with dare.

If you get on top of the truck you can see inside but you cant GO inside.
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 21:56:34 »
Um, phantoms don't carry any trash containers. The black things "in a rope" that phantoms are carrying are Engineers. See this from here for proof.
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Vigilnt sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 10:22:59 »
Noted. But this does not dismiss the idea. Although I doubt that bungie put a truck that large in as a moveable object. I just don't think it would fit. You could run down a hunter with one of those.
How often must I repeat myself? *01000101011000010111010001110011 01100001 011100110110000101101101011010010110001100011011010000.*

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 17:12:06 »
Noted. But this does not dismiss the idea. Although I doubt that bungie put a truck that large in as a moveable object. I just don't think it would fit. You could run down a hunter with one of those.

You can splatter a Hunter with a ghost, so your argument is not valid. :)

>>SENT: [FOREMAN.ADMIN.SGP] 2010.01.17 >>  ACHIEVEMENT CRITERIA MET - 100 POSTS - SGP MEMBER 'Pulse Cloud'  : BLOOP BLEEP!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 09:25:16 by FOREMAN »
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 16:45:06 »

You can splatter a Hunter with a ghost, so your argument is not valid. :)
Huh. I remember in the vidoc they had to make the streets open for a tank... but the tank could roll over anything... so maybe they made it open for the garbage truck?
I feel it

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 17:32:21 »
Garbage Truckin' didn't make the cut.  It was yet another thing cut by Paul Bertone, your favorite Bungie employee who also cut the Battle Rifle and Dual Wielding from ODST.

Here is Michael Wu at the PAX panel beginning to discuss his "hopes and dreams" for the Oliphant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhr54txafQ8#t=7m15s

Which later is confirmed to be a cut feature that Wu had prototyped and Bertone even approved some dialog recording for:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh_HSoDmtvM&feature=channel

To be fair, they had a horrible deadline to deal with since ODST was allegedly a "hail mary" attempt to get a game out and not have to fire the staff who were attached to the failed Peter Jackson project.

They also discuss the failed attempt to incorporate a "Director's Skull".  It stands to reason that the interview Staten did for OXM happened before this was cut.  If so, the "pure fan service" that was supposed to be unlockable may have actually been cut. 

Well, there's a depressing thought for the day.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::