Author Topic: SGP: Triplicate - Meaning - Crazytalks about the Y-shape  (Read 23012 times)

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
SGP: Triplicate - Meaning - Crazytalks about the Y-shape
« on: December 30, 2009, 20:52:48 »
Gah! I've been planning to write this thing for months, but I've "always had something else to do". If updating "Show unread posts" page is something else, then yeah.
So what is this stuff? Read, people.

Regonize it already? It's from ODSTs in-game HUD. CG has mentioned it in he's "ODST Secret Glyphs" article (he referred to it's shape, which I mention later in this thread). He also pointed out that the same symbol shows up in Achievement picture(s):
Super Sleuth, Gumshoe, and Junior Detective, though the symbol is not complete.

Also: I have discovered one place more where this symbol shows up!
In the beginning cutscene, where you watch trough Drone fighter's camera, look in the bottom-right corner.

Theorizes
Meaning
Everywhere where Triplicate shows up, it's somehow connected to surveillance or else of that kind:
In HUD, which you use as you'r map and you can also use to detect enemies,
In achievement pictures concerning finding the clues (+achievement names),
And in Drone camera which is obviously about surveillance.
Because of these facts we can be sure that Triplicate has something to do with surveillance, right?

Similarities
After some research, it was found that though Triplicate looks somewhat the same as the Asklon logo and the Y-glyphs, they are not identical match; the angle in the bottom branch is bigger in Triplicate than it is in Asklon logo And Y-glyph. Neither do the Y-glyph and Asklon logo match perfectly.
HOWEVER: When you look the City of New Mombasa from the sky, You can see that the highways make up a shape that perfectly fits the shape of the Y-glyph.

I may sound crazy, but at least part of these things sound very plausible, correct?
Post your own thoughts so I can add you to the "Crazy lunatics" list too!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 21:57:14 by Imppa »
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Triplicate - Meaning - Crazytalks about the Y-shape
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 21:18:30 »
I think the 'surveillance' thing is a bit farfetched...
And no, I don't want to explain why. I just think it doesn't relate to glyphs. At all. ^^
I am tree.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 21:40:25 »
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.eaglespiritministry.com/pd/sdc/runes/rune_glyphs.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.eaglespiritministry.com/pd/sdc/sdc16.htm&usg=__ajORLoCcCqkitVc0L_RGvLMjoRk=&h=391&w=450&sz=20&hl=en&start=191&sig2=eJtk-H1QFOAqHARkNel1Tg&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=UcTcqbQx2snilM:&tbnh=110&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3DY%2Bglyphs%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN%26start%3D180%26um%3D1&ei=msI7S9XqF87g8Aa08ryVBw

Couple of thing: I was doing a search on Y glyphs.. The above site gave me a few ideas.

Got a few attachments

1. Crack Down : No its not Halo ODST but they did have the Halo 3 Beta..hmm Odd cover art?
2. Is a clip from the above witch craft site. It covers some Yish symbols and something that may be used to translate those banners.

Could totally be nothing but who knows...Maybe Bungie is the devil..

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 09:24:10 »
I think the 'surveillance' thing is a bit farfetched...
And no, I don't want to explain why. I just think it doesn't relate to glyphs. At all. ^^
I think the Connections thing is a bit more far-fetched than that. Every place where it has showed up is connected to surveillance. What else could it be?
But yeah, even I'm not sure about the connection to glyphs...It's just that they share the same orientation.

Vigilnt sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 10:36:30 »
If we are going with survalence. What if we transposed the triplicate sign onto the glyphs. Would we get a figure or maybe even a phrase? Someone should test
How often must I repeat myself? *01000101011000010111010001110011 01100001 011100110110000101101101011010010110001100011011010000.*

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 14:54:41 »
If we are going with survalence. What if we transposed the triplicate sign onto the glyphs. Would we get a figure or maybe even a phrase? Someone should test
...What? ???

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 16:42:21 »
i think he means putting the glyphs on top of the symbol...
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 13:49:22 »
Oh, right. I just did it. [See below; Asklon logo, Y-glyph(blue so you can see it better) and Triplicate.]
It seems that after all, The Triplicate doesn't fit in the symbol. I know, I putted only one part of it, but from it alone we can see that the angle is much bigger.
Hmmm...So maybe Triplicate has nothing to do with the Glyphs after all. (But: The Image proves that the Asklon logo and Y-glyph share the exact same angle.)
EDIT: Wait...It doesn't. Keep reading, you'll find out why.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 13:15:15 by Imppa »

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 17:07:53 »
VERY nice, Imppa.  You definitely were wearing your lab jacket.  The visual confirmation that the Y-Glyph and the Asklon logo match up is interesting. 

I believe the Asklon (or AMG) logo predates ODST.  Halopedia isn't currently providing any real insight into the game appearance history of the logo, so we'll have to go it on our own.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Hornet 416 (Vandal)

• Now thats what i call a Explosion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 17:21:22 »
What if you turn the Logo upside down?
*Stares At Wall*

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 17:38:33 »
What if you turn the Logo upside down?
You mean Asklon logo? Uh, don't see the point... It's still like the Y-Glyph, plus that then it looks more like one.

An CG, I checked the links Halopedia could provide, searched trough Bnet with key words "AMG" and "Asklon", and found out nothing concerning the Logo. I doubt we will find something, but perhaps someone who has the Novels should check them for it?

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 06:16:45 »
Two things.

1: Just because there are runes are in the game doesn't make it evil in anyway... I know a bit about runes and from my immediate knowledge (Dont feel like grabbing books) They are used in several ways... From religion to war to protection to helping you cook. (yes it happens).

2: We should probably play through all the levels in halo 2 and 3 (the ones on earth anyway) and see if we can find any of the askalon symbols... maybe some sort of wierd backwards connection?

2-.5: I haven't seen anything in odst that urked me to thumb through one of my books but I'll play around in the game and look again.
...this coffee sucks.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 18:46:01 »
1: Just because there are runes are in the game doesn't make it evil in anyway...

Runes are as evil as the English alphabet... or any alphabet for that matter, since that was their primary purpose.  I sincerely hope that nobody feels offended by their use in the SGP.  Their use here is a homage to the Ultima series of video games.  In this series, the runes held a dual role:  they were used both to infuse a sense of reality into the fictional game world (it's own alphabet) as well as to provide a gameplay element (puzzling out the message of the runes was required in many Ultima games, and was absolutely crucial in Ultima IV.)

So as you can see, the Covenant alphabet and glyphs can arguably trace their gaming lineage back to runes.

Many people are also familiar with J.R.R. Tolkien's use of runes in The Hobbit.  As a fan of Tolkien's books long before Peter Jackson became a filmmaker, the runes also impart (for me) a sense of the legendary and of fond childhood memories.

I am well aware that runes were of interest to Adolf Hitler.  So were vegetables.  I wouldn't stop eating my veggies just because Hitler ate them.  Neither runes nor vegetables are inherently "evil", and both existed long before Nazism.  Charles Manson used the English language rather extensively... does this mean that all English speakers are serial killers?  It's easy to fear things that we don't understand.  The mysterious appearance of runes may bear a negative connotation for some, but I assure you that their use here is positive and utterly harmless.  You won't become a Nazi by joining the SGP.

All this having been said, I personally feel that cauliflower is evil.  Despite this personal belief, I will refrain from disparaging remarks which might target those who eat it.  I recognize that it is a healthy part of a human diet.  I will even attempt to challenge my own beliefs from time to time by trying a small portion of cauliflower to see if I can break the shackles of my own personal prejudice.  There may come a day when cauliflower will not be judged by the flavor of its skin but on the nutritional content of its character.  Until that day, I shall remain tolerant.  There are certainly others who can't stand the taste of coffee, after all.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 20:21:00 »
Once again, good post CG. ;)

I have new stuff People!
While I was doing some research in CM:MS over the barriers for a reason I will tell later, When I was coming down from the heights to get nearer to the actual game area, I noticed this.

See it? The roads that travel trough the [Financial District] create a form of a Y. :o
Also to notice, there are those rings in the sides of the Y, in the same way as in the Super Tri-Glyph. :o
[Must sleep...Moar tomorrow...]

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 23:50:16 »
Hmmm... nice but i thought its like that because of the shape of the districts... what is it though, a highway?
I feel it