Author Topic: SGP: Triplicate - Meaning - Crazytalks about the Y-shape  (Read 22930 times)

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Triplicate - Meaning - Crazytalks about the Y-shape
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 08:07:20 »
Hmmm... nice but i thought its like that because of the shape of the districts... what is it though, a highway?
Something like that....But It's not the district walls, that's for sure.
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 17:00:28 »
I have new stuff People!
While I was doing some research in CM:MS over the barriers for a reason I will tell later, When I was coming down from the heights to get nearer to the actual game area, I noticed this.

A Y-shape in the streets was noted back in October by myself, Apollo, and maybe Kenji and Enigma... but I don't think we ever posted about it.  :(  This was down in the black area of D09.  I think you found something bigger than that, in a different place.

In your (very nice!) picture, the center of the "Y" looks like it is positioned in the center of the Hub, where Districts 02,03,04,05,06, and 08 all join together.  It also looks like you had District 03 loaded up, which leads me to deduce that you were jumping barriers up in D00 (which would be loaded too, and is not visible in your photo.)

Is this all correct?  If I may ask, what out-of-map method did you use to get this photo?
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 17:46:14 »
I have new stuff People!
While I was doing some research in CM:MS over the barriers for a reason I will tell later, When I was coming down from the heights to get nearer to the actual game area, I noticed this.

A Y-shape in the streets was noted back in October by myself, Apollo, and maybe Kenji and Enigma... but I don't think we ever posted about it.  :(  This was down in the black area of D09.  I think you found something bigger than that, in a different place.

In your (very nice!) picture, the center of the "Y" looks like it is positioned in the center of the Hub, where Districts 02,03,04,05,06, and 08 all join together.  It also looks like you had District 03 loaded up, which leads me to deduce that you were jumping barriers up in D00 (which would be loaded too, and is not visible in your photo.)

Is this all correct?  If I may ask, what out-of-map method did you use to get this photo?
Yes, you are correct. I used the mongoose-jumping method HaloCreation shows (Thanks Tepec!). Seems to be the most simple way.                                                                                                                                                             

Dunder Moose

• SGP Moderator
  • Gherjsz<GP
    • View Profile
    • Rockblog
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 15:58:07 »
Good work Imppa!

CG you crack me up.  Judged by it's nutritional content indeed.  For my part I would like to say that runes are evil even as all language is evil.  Language gives you the ability to put your thoughts in someone else's head.  As you read this you cannot help but to think of the way hairs tickle your nose as you inhale in my armpit.  See what I just did!  Evil!

Also, as Borges points out, mirrors are evil because they unnaturally duplicate people upon the earth.
::0:-:-:0:-:0:0:0:-:000000:-:0000000:-:0000:00:0:0:0:00:00:000:0::

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 19:58:01 »
Wow, this is embarassing.
Seems like I've made a mistake. Sort of a big one.
The picture where the Asklon logo and the Y-Glyph match is not real. I failed in the scaling of the glyph: I made it as tall and as wide as the logo: hence, I made the angles to be the same at the same time. Sorry.
I've attached the real overlays of the symbols; You can see that though the angle is almost the same, it really isn't.  :(
I also overlayed the Y-shape I sighted in CM:MS and the Y-glyph, and trust me, I scaled it right this time. They seem to fit pretty nicely...

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 19:50:42 »
Thanks for the correction, Imppa!  It's very important to catch your own mistakes and admit them openly... there is no shame in that!  (It's the SGP way, after all.) 

As for your new work overlaying the Y-Glyph with the view of the street, well done again!  Would you be willing to provide a video clip that others can easily use to get to the same out-of-map location in Theater? 

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 19:59:05 »
Thanks for the correction, Imppa!  It's very important to catch your own mistakes and admit them openly... there is no shame in that!  (It's the SGP way, after all.) 

As for your new work overlaying the Y-Glyph with the view of the street, well done again!  Would you be willing to provide a video clip that others can easily use to get to the same out-of-map location in Theater? 

Right when I get on, meaning Saturday.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 18:33:57 »
Got it. Here's the video you can use to get out the bounds: When I finally succeed in the jump, and get on the barrier, press Y, and roam free!

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 23:03:06 »
Thank you!  Signing in to check it out now.  If anyone is up for panning around Theater Mode together, join my XBL Party.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 02:51:48 »
Well, it fits nice and snug...

Edit, the blue ones in there, its just that the super try one is over it. It almost overlaps perfectly. But not quite ;)

For high quality zoomed in hold down CTRL and scroll up.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:55:53 by Scatcycle »
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 06:03:57 »
Thanks for that Cycle!
Since you  seem to be so good in this, could you try something out for me? How 'bout overlay the Picture of the Financial district with the Y-shape and Super Tri-Glyph? I would like to see where the SI faces would locate in it...
Byt I'll see if I can make it first. ;)

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 20:32:47 »
I don't like being a combo breaker, but this 'overlaying different in-game and not-in-game pictures' is just pure nonsense: the size of the picture of an in-game object depends on your distance to it and the angle your looking at it.

Besides, it's not a surprise there are some 'Y' other than the glyphs. It's one of the primary symbols in the game!

K....

Happy face for y'all. :)
I am tree.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010, 20:48:01 »
I don't like being a combo breaker, but this 'overlaying different in-game and not-in-game pictures' is just pure nonsense: the size of the picture of an in-game object depends on your distance to it and the angle your looking at it.

Besides, it's not a surprise there are some 'Y' other than the glyphs. It's one of the primary symbols in the game!

K....

Happy face for y'all. :)
What do you mean about 'overlaying different in-game and not-in-game pictures'? They are all In-game pics. Though I must say, angle is not perfect in my Y-shape pic, 'cause you can't look directly down in theater mode (or in any mode). But the angle is so small, that it shoudn't really matter. And the size is not a concern: you can freely change the size of the pics, as long as the measures are the same/the shape doesn't change.

And you are right, the Y shape is a normal symbol in the game: that has been now proved! I'm just looking for some kind of connections between them, so that I could perhaps find something.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010, 23:30:00 »
I failed.... i be back in a minute with more

Edit 1:Back... with 2 more. I still failed.  :(

Edit 2:I WIN!

Edit 3: Wait what did you mean by "financial" district?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 00:30:17 by Scatcycle »
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 08:20:12 »
That's nice, but I think the Image should be made bigger, so that the Ys would be the same size.
But I'm not sure is my own pic the whole, so I'll get a new one soon.