Author Topic: SGP: Glyph Interpretation Theory at B.net  (Read 1565 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
SGP: Glyph Interpretation Theory at B.net
« on: January 01, 2010, 01:10:09 »
B.net user LUK4S has posted an interesting theory in this Big Forum post (scroll down to the bottom of the page).

Quote from: LUK4S @ Bungie.net ODST Forum
iv just been playing odst and realised something. in sector 8 there is a room with 2 engineers and a sniper jackel on a ledge. in the middle theres a mezzanine with some phones and water fountains (were you collect an audio log). over to the left theres a large O glyph with 6 Y glyphs on the left hand side with 2 more Y glyphs further of to the right and this got me thinking. in audio log circle 6 arc 2,3 sadies dad is watching 6 engineers free a 7th from its bomb, now i believe thats what the 6 Y glyphs next to the large O glyph represent. i think the large O glyph represents the freed engineer who then merged with the super to bring vigil to life. my theory for this is the O symbol is excactly the same as the one on the supers data core where rookie and dare meet virgil (engineer) in the data hive mission.i think the other 2 Y glyphs mean the other 2 engineer in the room. now as for the Y glyphs we see around new mombassa they are always near dead elites, i think thats the engineers way of telling us that they were on our side, which would also explain the sad super glyph in squidhenge near dead elites. let me know what you think. i know that in oxm uk there is an article were joe staten states that "the Y glyphs represent forerunner ships etc" but i think this could be red herring to throw us off, think about it, how hard was the iwhbyd skull in h3 bungie had to pretty much tell us how to get it. besides, engineers could be a forerunner construct for all we know.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Glyph Interpretation Theory at B.net
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 01:15:08 »
Why should the white circle "on the supers data core where rookie and dare meet virgil (engineer) in the data hive mission" be a glyph? I've always seen it as part of core's design..
I am tree.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 01:25:59 »
Interesting, It makes me think... several of the audio logs are near glyphs. I wonder how many of them (glyphs) could correlate with the audio logs...hmmmm....Very interesting..

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 01:52:03 »
I don't think there is a direct, intentional correlation between the glyphs and the audio logs.  There is definitely a direct correlation between the audio logs and the appearance of car alarms, blinking lights, crosswalks, etc.  I have many of these mapped out. 

An example of an audio log without nearby glyphs would be in the SE of D08.  One of the phones in the middle of the gazebo becomes an audio log source once enough missions have been completed.  A ticket machine provides a nearby clue that the audio log is available there and promptly shuts off once the log is picked up.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::