Author Topic: big post on bungie.net maybe something found  (Read 1455 times)

odst glitcher

• founder of the AR and zombie elites
    • View Profile
big post on bungie.net maybe something found
« on: January 11, 2010, 14:41:59 »
Posted by: xXGuydoXx
You know, atarigen and I have been elevating to new areas (and old ones). We have definately made progress:

Tayari Plaza: At the first meetup with the marines, go left into the buildings door up the stairs, and just before exiting to outside, the SI says "School Zone. Slow down. Bill past due." Although this is not "new" information, the next part may be. While advancing up a door was unlocked, which we previously had not noticed. An LCD screen displays static in the room. Continuing to the uppermost catwalk, one may stand in the corner. If the volume is load enough, one can hear a string orchestra playing with some keys and a low hum. Furthermore, atarigen heard a music event when he picked up a nade next to the dead marine. (Possible Coincidences, I know.)

Mombasa Streets: It has come to our observation that one district (I believe 5?) has some interest: the district with a giant arcing piece of the space tether has three elephant garbage trucks. ONE of these is lit up and active. The tether appears to lead to a rooftop from nearby one of these trucks. When advancing all the way left, glyphs and one dead elite may be found near the large door. While walking parallel to this on the upper level next to the garbage truck, a "MAGICAL FLOATING LCD DISPLAY" is near the wall as if a Medstation is there. There is no med station, but Virgil mentions Optican.

Mombasa Streets: It seems that all inaccessible sectors are there for loading from memory during cinematics. Why: Zone 1 or 2 has one subway tunnel with fog and lighting effects for no reason. I don't understand that yet. The ELEVATOR from Data Hive is, however, accessible in-game. We have been there and elevatored about half way up and stood on the side. It looks to be exactly like the cinema scene, so we believe it serves no active purpose.

We are currently experimenting with elevators to off map locations. Any important finds will be shared.

look at the top music next to a static LCD screen, a magical floating LCD(i believe they bumped it) a online oliphant

EDIT: The link is here.  -CG
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 16:42:51 by ColdGlider »
who are you and why are you looking at my profile

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: big post on bungie.net maybe something found
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 17:38:28 »
I am going to reply on this soon there...
I am not certain about the opera music, they could have somehow misheard the beeps of the screen and thought it to be music...
Does anyone remember a Oliphant that is on? And the LCD-screen is definitely bumped.
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

odst glitcher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 18:51:33 »
I am going to reply on this soon there...
I am not certain about the opera music, they could have somehow misheard the beeps of the screen and thought it to be music...
Does anyone remember a Oliphant that is on? And the LCD-screen is definitely bumped.

i can investigate the music they supposedly heard and i believe i know where they mean by three oliphants i think it is the replica kizingo boulveyard area which is really dark

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 23:48:03 »
yeah theres an elephant all lit up somewhere. no biggie. Ive gone on top of it and found nothing.
I feel it

odst glitcher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 16:35:05 »
yeah theres an elephant all lit up somewhere. no biggie. Ive gone on top of it and found nothing.

wait a minute imppa wasn`t that the olipant the guy who had a modded xbox could drive maybe if we can get inside without mods we can drive it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 17:27:43 »

wait a minute imppa wasn`t that the olipant the guy who had a modded xbox could drive maybe if we can get inside without mods we can drive it
I think Bungie stated thatyou were supposed to drive an Olipanth, but it was cut from the final version of the game...It would be very uncertain for them to keep that feature. Though it would be a cool easter egg. :P
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

odst glitcher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 22:14:10 »

I think Bungie stated thatyou were supposed to drive an Olipanth, but it was cut from the final version of the game...It would be very uncertain for them to keep that feature. Though it would be a cool easter egg. :P

hmm i may go bump a mongoose into it then return and get on the mongoose