Author Topic: SGP: Video Capture Service  (Read 3600 times)

Redearth

• View Profile
SGP: Video Capture Service
« on: January 16, 2010, 19:15:06 »
FIRST BATCH OF VIDEOS!  FIRST BATCH OF VIDEOS!  FIRST BATCH OF VIDEOS!  FIRST BATCH OF VIDEOS!  FIRST BATCH OF VIDEOS!  FIRST BATCH OF VIDEOS!  FIRST BATCH OF VIDEOS!  FIRST BATCH OF VIDEOS!  FIRST BATCH OF VIDEOS!  FIRST BATCH OF VIDEOS!  FIRST BATCH OF VIDEOS!-----------------------
Cold Glider - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cquDBrUKhpM
Scatcylce - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCOP4zjZYqE
Pulse Cloud - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUPPzXGF6qo

To download these use a youtube downloader.  I don't have an effective way to host the physical file.  If you want the physical non-uploaded file, send me a link with a method to upload it to a hosting site.  Notes about the video are in the description.  Videos will be removed on the 1st of March.

-----------------------

If anyone needs any video clips rendered at any time just post here and update the post if you get more videos by following the format posted below..  I will check each day.  I own an HD capture card, so this will allow us to document any discoveries without the bungie pro minutes.

Video posting format:

[Video: (URL HERE)  Clip start: XX Clip end: XX  Clip details: (Details on your discovery here)]
[Video: (URL HERE)  Clip start: XX Clip end: XX  Clip details: (Details on your discovery here)]
*Update XX/XX/XX (Date)*

And so forth.  So if you want any discoveries uploaded I'd be happy to do it in HD.

And please remember to use the update as shown above if you add more videos.  I'd rather not have anyone breaking the new 3 post rule.  Keep all comments within the original post as well.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 15:20:03 by Redearth »

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Re: SGP: Video Capture Service
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 15:20:48 »
Redearth:

Thank you for your generous offer to provide video capture services!

I think that the SGP would probably benefit the most from two types of videos:
a) videos that can't be recreated in Theater Mode (i.e. capturing the loading screens and cinematic SI console segments)
b) videos that need to be archived in order to support SGP research (i.e. videos that support our FAQs)

I would ask all SGP members to consider this before making requests.  Perhaps we can prioritize along these lines.  I, for one, would love to have a high-res video of the Campaign loading screen so that I could look at the numerous text messages frame-by-frame.

Thanks again for the offer, Red!  It's definitely something that we could benefit from!
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 17:15:19 »
Hello, I'd like you to capture two videos (from the same game) for me. I will, then, edit them the way I want them to be, so.. just capture like this:

Source: ODST Gameplay

VIDEO A:
34:15 - START (1st person camera)
34:40 - camera change (free camera; VISR on; see attached image 1 for a rough view of where it should be [basically just above the player]) try to follow the battle and look at the Engineer at the same time
34:50 - move camera to the other side of the street (see attached image 2 for reference)
35:40 - move camera (see attached image 3)
36:00 - camera change (3rd person) try to look at the Engineer [when visible]
36:45 - (the player is going to the bumped Cache) look at the cache [just look at the player's back..]
36:51 - (the player leaves the bumped cache) look at the Engineer
37:05 - camera change (1st person)
37:40 - camera change (free camera, VISR on, view attached image 4 for reference) look at the Engineer
38:40 - while still looking at the Engineer, zoom 3 seconds on the open (bumped) Cache.
39:30 - follow the Engineer #notice that @39:44, when the Engineer disappears, the car beneath it does too, so include the car in the camera's view.# After the Engineer disappears just stop moving the camera...
39:50 - END

VIDEO B:
37:40 - START (1st person camera)
39:50 - END

You don't have to be SUPER strict with the timing, but try to make it like the way I want it to be. Try rehearsing a few times so you can get it done with ease.... Be careful with the camera movement: not too fast, not too bumpy. You can move it freely, while watching the battle and while looking at the Engineer, but don't go nuts.. Do it as natural as possible.

Thank you!

EDIT: Or maybe you could do various captures for the various camera changes, it would be much easier for you. Or maybe you could pause, move/change the camera view and whatnot and then I could cut that out.... I don't know, just a suggestion. Do what you think is best. :)
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 18:45:39 »
Thank you Redearth. So Pulse cloud, thats pretty awesome. I think i figured out what you did. It was either that when a brute chieftain is in a bubble shield and dies the engineer doesn't, which is highly unlikely, but i think the real reason it didn't die was because he might have killed himself. See, you made him burn, but the burn was done. Then when he deployed the bubble shield, right as the fire started to die out, it got on the outside of the bubble shield. By now that fire belonged to The Guardians, so they killed him, and the reason the engineer didn't die was because YOUR supposed to kill him. If this is true, we should test this. Nice find Pulse!
I feel it

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 19:55:25 »
Thank you redearth! A bit bumpy and it definitely needed the VISR turned on when in free camera mode (hold X 2 seconds), but anyway..
;)

Can you tell us what device you used to record this?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 20:06:06 by Pulse Cloud »
I am tree.

Redearth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 20:20:44 »
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I spent five minutes twiddling around in free cam trying to get VISR on.  The best I could do was turn up the brightness.  You are a Saint.

I recorded it with the Hauppauge 1212 HD PVR in 720p, need to get a 1080p television and then I'm doing brodcasts like that.

Edit:  Oh yeah, the bumpy is probably the editing I did on yours.  I had a load of dead time, so I cut most of it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 01:13:48 by Redearth »

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 04:45:09 »
BEAUTIFUL, Redearth!  Thanks so much!
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

odst glitcher

• founder of the AR and zombie elites
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 16:19:00 »
Thank you Redearth. So Pulse cloud, thats pretty awesome. I think i figured out what you did. It was either that when a brute chieftain is in a bubble shield and dies the engineer doesn't, which is highly unlikely, but i think the real reason it didn't die was because he might have killed himself. See, you made him burn, but the burn was done. Then when he deployed the bubble shield, right as the fire started to die out, it got on the outside of the bubble shield. By now that fire belonged to The Guardians, so they killed him, and the reason the engineer didn't die was because YOUR supposed to kill him. If this is true, we should test this. Nice find Pulse!

needs testing  :)
who are you and why are you looking at my profile

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 01:47:18 »
I was trying, but its hard to get the engi to be away from the brute, giving it no shields. And apparently brutes cant blow up fusion coils/ They just send them flying super fast into a wall and THEN they blow up.
I feel it

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 00:12:33 »
Hey guys i saved two engineers just like pulse cloud did, but it was a bit different. I was trying to kill all the engineers i possibly could so i went to the opposite of dares crash place next to the tri glyph, jumped down to the brute, shot him with a plasma rifle until his shields went down, hit him, went to shoot the engineers, then notice they weren't flying into the air. They just started roaming about. I still killed them though.
I feel it