Author Topic: SGP: Request- Vergil vs. The Superintendent  (Read 2858 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
SGP: Request- Vergil vs. The Superintendent
« on: October 06, 2009, 06:46:57 »
Dear Librarians:

I know from the COMM Data entries that Vergil is described as a subroutine of the Superintendent built by Dr. Endesha for the purposes of looking after Sadie.

After reaching the Engineer in the Data Hive level, I was very surprised to see his combat overlay text appear as "VRGL" (or similar).

Would you please explain the connection between Vergil the subroutine and Vergil the engineer?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 21:48:42 by ColdGlider »
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Danves

• View Profile
Re: SGP: Request- Vergil vs. The Superintendent
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 07:07:52 »
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's rather late =P

The Engineers are like an organic supercomputer, and after being in the SI's core for a while, the Engineer had downloaded/absorbed vital information that the SI collected.  And in doing so, I think the Engineer may have downloaded Vergil the subroutine, thus making the Engineer's tag "VRGL."

Also, the cop who betrays you, that you met on the 8th level of the Data Hive, yells for Vergil to open the data stack and let him below.  This could could mean a few things.

The cop and Kinsler became aware of Vergil and wanted to acquire him.
Or, the only other one I can think of at the moment, the cop knew Vergil was there all along, and perhaps wanted something else in the Data Hive.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 07:10:49 by Danves »

ViciousxRamen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 09:01:11 »
The reason the engineer has VRGL when u look at him. Is because from my understanding the engineer gathered/downloaded/absorbed the superintendant/virgil since he had all the information pertaining to the ark burried in new mombasa. So SI isn't "dead" he's just kinda stored in side the engineer.

MajorDeal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 20:23:32 »
Danves and Vicious are correct regarding the engineer and Virgil. Based on the audio logs, it seems like Kinsler would have became aware of Virgil when he was trying to protect Sadie from Kinsler. Whether Kinsler knew about Virgil before the time audio logs were recorded is unclear.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 21:48:07 »
Thanks to the team for their official answer!  This should be added to the Librarians' list of "official answers and findings", IMHO.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::