Author Topic: SGP: Theory - Squidhenge and the 7th Column  (Read 4380 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
SGP: Theory - Squidhenge and the 7th Column
« on: October 06, 2009, 08:30:06 »
All you would need to make the 7th Column logo out of a Squidhenge is a 7th column.  One item that springs to mind is a piece of the broken Space Tether.  The POGG actually plots these fallen items on its maps.  I suspected there was a reason they would track them.  This is my best guess as to why.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Theory - Squidhenge and the 7th Column
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 09:35:40 »
I really need to get ahold of that book... I love looking through manuals.
...this coffee sucks.

JSM26

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 14:28:27 »
I like this theory, though, I have to ask how exactly these pieces of the space tether would be moved (or indeed, set up at all) in the center of Squidhenge. If you have a plan about how to do this, let me know, I can try it out later.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 18:32:07 »
I don't know about the big pieces yet, but you can push around a small piece found in D05 (near the actual Tayari Plaza) using the mongoose from the D05 Supply Cache.  It's somewhat of a pain, though because you can push it from one side and use it as a ramp from another.  Theoretically, we could get this into D06.

The POGG went to the trouble to note five "tether wreckage" landmarks in its maps:

D03: 2 sites (pp. 77,86,123)
D04: 1 site (pp. 70,77,124)
D06: 2 sites (pg. 125)

The small piece I mentioned above isn't listed and there are probably many more small pieces.  I haven't visited all the POGG sites but I expect they are all the larger (if not burning) pieces.

As I was pushing around the piece with the Mongoose, I couldn't help but feel like these guys.  This video really cracked me up when it was originally posted to the Big Forum by Bungie member jinxst here.  (I began laughing around the 6:00 minute mark.)  Such dedication!  It just seemed an occult ritual was being performed as if the players were in a horror b-movie.  But who knows???

Of course many will say my video was even sillier.  Ah, well.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 13:20:04 »
Ok, so i when to Squidhenge beat down a marine(already dead) till I got him in the center of the henge, along with 2 elites, then i notices that inside the room with the marines was podium or something, so I brought it to the henge and put it upright in the center, thinking it looked like a perfect center piece.

Odd findings: if you noticed the engineers have a path they follow, they tend to keep away from the center of the henge, there is 3 motion activating lights when the engineers are near them they activate. Once I added the podium to the center they started to rally over the henge and making more sounds then before(note I didn't have a brute shot). I think I am on to something....

I feel like a dead brute is the missing piece getting the body to the henge will be most difficult.

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=97583539

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=97583579

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 15:38:23 »
Images transmitted to gallery.

Very cool experiment, Enigma!

This got me thinking:  is the squidhenge merely the place when an Easter Egg item will spawn, rather than where something needs to trigger the spawn?  I'm thinking along the lines of the Halo 3 IWHBYD Skull which appeared at the end of the holographic ring corridor.  You could very well have jumped through those rings, made them light up and play the Halo theme, and been satisfied that you found a cool easter egg.  Had that been discovered normally, it may have even been a little while before the skull was noticed!

I have this vision of the sad glyph turning to a happy glyph as some new skull sits in the middle of Squidhenge.  But I'm building expectations.  Bad me.

Thanks for the images, NigMa!

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 03:16:43 »
Went back to squidhenge again....

I drove in with my trusty mongoose and parked it near a mining light. I noticed that if you leave a mongoose near a mining light it will stay activated. so I put 1 mongoose near 2 of the 3 lights and stood near the 3rd, all lights on...nothing.

notes: when I brought the first mongoose I noticed that some of the glyphs were missing from the henges, once I left and returned with the 2nd mongoose more blank glyphs had appeared.

obsession: that pedastool in the room before entering squidhenge......plagues me.... there is noting like it, that i remember.

I hate this game.... >:(

thebraino

• SGP Moderator
  • The info you came here for is on that side... --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 03:22:59 »
Ouch, sorry to hear the dissapointment. Good job keeping at it though!
Wonder whythe mongooses keep the lights on; I don't see the reason.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 07:53:45 »
The lights just seem to turn on when something else is within proximity of them.

Apollo and I did a lot of testing taking different weapons in to Squidhenge.  At first, I was darn certain that the Brute Shot was freaking them out.  I was herding those things like sheep for a while, it seemed.  Later on it didn't seem to matter whether I had it or not.  Just jumping up into their faces was enough to scare them away.  Couldn't get them to leave the courtyard.

Apollo used my head as a step stool and got on top of the henge stones.  He stood on the one with the Super Mono Sad glyph.  Other than it looking pretty cool, nothing else happened.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 12:01:57 »
did you see that pedistol?

consider this: There is 3 miltiplayer acheivments one if not 2 that spawn items/vehicals like the annual achievment in halo 3, having 4 players, spawns 4 ghost. I think that what ever is hidden requires 4 players.

is it just me or does anyone else want to call the engieners COW'S?

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 15:55:23 »
LOL... I think the COW comment belongs in Pajamas... but, yeah... they're kind of bovine.

Where did you find the pedestal?

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 16:51:52 »
Its in the room before entering. (where the shotgun is). You cant miss it( its laying down. Its very easy to move almost weightless.

Side note: also in this room is 5 chairs and 1 out side buy the cache. hmmmm 6 chairs, a pedestal and 6 stones.

"Think outside the circle" - EnigmaBiz2

Rogue Sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 17:08:22 »
has anybody tried having one person by each lamp, to light each one up?And have the fourth player stand in the middle or somthing.Or possiably with the pedistillin the middle?

lots theorys ready to be tested.To bad I dont have live... :-\
To stick or not to stick that is the question.

thebraino

• SGP Moderator
  • The info you came here for is on that side... --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 17:27:43 »
and sacrafice the player!!! lol

ouch, that makes this stuff kinda hard. Thanks for sticking around ; )

General O7

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 17:55:34 »
and sacrafice the player!!! lol

ouch, that makes this stuff kinda hard. Thanks for sticking around ; )

I got this weird image stuck in my head. Four players doing a specific activity that will trigger a sword on the pedistol. All the players must stand in circle that the stones form, and sacrifice one player, which will trigger a spawn of something big..

By the way, I am new and have joined in forces with everybody else in SGP  :D Tho I know whats up and whats not.
And I have a question, what is the location of the magic wall? Thanks
There is no "restart" -button in life.