Author Topic: Bungie Aerospace - Reach ARG opportunity?  (Read 11499 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Re: Bungie Aerospace - Reach ARG opportunity?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2010, 22:33:10 »
The SGP administration staff is not responsible for psychiatry bills resulting from fruitless attempts to find meaning in random image distortions.

I honestly think you'd have better luck finding a secret message in one of Enigma's logos.  As a matter of fact, I know you could.  

It's nice to know that the dogs are barking on their leashes, waiting to be let loose on Reach!  No more drooling and whining in the hopes that we'll get thrown a bone.  Here's hoping for a juicy steak that the cryptoanalysts here can sink their (brain?)teeth into.

I'm actually getting a little worried that ARGs may have gone the way of other cost-cutting victims of the current American economic condition.  ODST got a little BNET action with the wallpapers and SI logos, but unless I'm mistaken we didn't get the full-on ARG treatment... those people were hired to create "Sadie's Story" (c.f. PAX Panel vids on BuTube).

I realize that Reach is a full 3-year dev cycle title and all... but maybe the big-dollar, live-action commerical is where all the fan-service marketing money went this time.  Just a guess.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010, 13:55:14 »
Well, when you're looking for ARGs and then you change the saturation of a picture and see perfect squares, its kinda intriguing.
CG, you never know how sneaky Bungies gonna be.

And btw, this is when we predicted the ARG to come. I think we should have full eyes up.

BTW: CG i spotted your honey comb secret... but i kept messing up using protocol  151 so i took a break from it, so i didnt get the message and dont know how to decrypt it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 22:16:42 by Scatcycle »
I feel it

thebraino

• SGP Moderator
  • The info you came here for is on that side... --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2010, 18:33:39 »
Mmk, started looking into this, and I'll update this post as I go along.
First off, I'm going into the code, and the stuff we see there is a transparent overlay
In this overlay, It's pretty default, except there's one pixel that's randomly out there at coordinates 315,498 (which should be viewable even in Paint if you've got navigation on in the bottom corner)
Next, I found it's using a javascript code named google-analytics.com/ga.js, which is probably some default thing, I don't look into Javascript, so that's up there to look at (save to desktop or something, then open in Notepad so it doesn't run).
For the background, they used a clever trick so it couldn't be directly copied. They reference a CSS layout (just a webpage type for those unfamiliar) which can be found here, which reveals the background image here.
From there, I've increased levels and such, but it only looks like used parchment.

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2010, 14:28:16 »
Holy -Blam!- +KFY!!
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2010, 22:31:27 »
The background has changed. What does this mean?

We don't have any copies of the old background (if we do please inform me) so a picture of the site back then will have to do. Pulses background has changed too because his link is to a URL on the website.

Why would they change it? I can see no reason too. There must be something hidden inside it!
The most obvious change can be seen here:

In that corner there use to be what looked like a crease.

Attachments:
New
Old

The old picture is not of the full background, so you cannot see the crease that used to be there.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 22:37:25 by Scatcycle »
I feel it

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2010, 22:53:17 »
I noticed on one part of the new background there appears to be a group of comets.

You can see the trails they are leaving. Anyone understand what this means?

Look in the attachment to see where on the background it is.
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2010, 17:33:54 »
It's just paper. Paper with dust and filth and water damage.:P
All I see changed is the fact that you can now view the background image...(didn't Pulse say earlier it wasn't possible?)
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2010, 21:59:56 »
All I see changed is the fact that you can now view the background image...(didn't Pulse say earlier it wasn't possible?)
It was always possible...

I don't care about the new picture thats up. I care about bungie changing it. Why would they do it?
I feel it

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2010, 22:08:54 »
It was always possible...

I don't care about the new picture thats up. I care about bungie changing it. Why would they do it?
Because it's prettier?
Nowadays, paper textures are SUPER popular in design. Maybe they just found a better one.
I am tree.

Nader

• ¿ɯsɐ ʎɯ ʞuıן ʎןpuıʞ noʎ pןnoʍ
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2011, 02:22:12 »
It kinda resembles the surface of mars.... :) I just thought I'd throw in more things for people to theorize about.

The SGP administration staff is not responsible for psychiatry bills resulting from fruitless attempts to find meaning in random image distortions.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2011, 15:13:38 »
Its the new venture in promoting phone gaming by small developers...../ thread