Author Topic: SGP: Corporations: Logos, Posters, Fliers  (Read 11535 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Re: SGP: Corporations: Logos, Posters, Fliers
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 18:20:15 »
I took the liberty of updating the spelling of "Traxis" to "Traxus."  :)  Thanks for keeping this updated!!!  I need to catch up with gallery photos.  Sinoviet's name appears on a tanker truck in CM:TP.  I'll have to look and see if it is there in MS as well.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

john

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 17:35:59 »
I noticed yesterday while replaying the game from the begining that after you exit your pod and make your way to the first building painted with the glyphs that the Uplift mailbox to the right of the door is Upside down.  I replayed the game on easy and this is the only mailbox in the game so far that is upside down.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 18:02:21 »
Damn, I was just going to talk about it. But upside-down? DIdn't notice that, I think that the logo was rigth and all (Screenshot pending).
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 06:43:32 »
Nice find, John!  Looking forward to Impaa's snapshot for proof.  I have to catch up on posts and then crash, unfortunately.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 18:31:02 »
...It's Imppa, CG, not Impaa  :(
Aaanyway, john was right, the Mailbox near the cache is upside-down. Here's some pics:
Mailbox (upside-down)
NM Post logo (upside-down)

I alsoo took pics of a regular mailbox and -logo in case you want to compare them

NM Post logo
Mailbox

It's nice to know that people still use letters in 26th century :).

Oh and some other stuff: "Mainz Traiger" is not "Traiger", it's "Träger". The link in OP was also bad, here's another if you Apollo can't fix it:
Mainz Träger banner

"Mainz" Is a city in Germany, and "Träger" is also German, meaning something like "lazier". Pretty weird, wonder what it means? Is it even a company, or is it perhaps some sort of sports team ?(the banner seems suitable for one)
"Mainz - Lazier"...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 20:36:03 by Phantasm 08 »

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 23:47:55 »
Oops... sorry, Imppa!  It was almost 3am and I was nearly asleep when I wrote that!

Thank you for the images!  I'll try get them in the gallery as soon as I am able.  Busy, busy night!

"Träger" actually doesn't mean "lazy"... you've confused that with the adjective träge.  Träger is a noun meaning "carrier" or "supporter".  I believe Apollo spotted a tanker truck with the Mainz Träger name written across its length, much like similar trucks bearing the company names of Traxus and Sinoviet.

So I think the meaning is something more along the lines of what we might call "Mainz Logistics Corporation".  

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 20:36:43 by Phantasm 08 »

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 07:57:51 »
Ooh... Well, we all make mistakes. Expecially my free internet-dictionary. :)
So it seems like a normal NM company along the others, expect it has a german origin. Yay.
Maybe we should get back to the upside-down Mailbox? What's the big deal? I think we can agree BUngie rarely makes something that does'nt make any sense, so what's the idea in this box? Some covenant or Citizen could no have just flipped it, because it's infact inside the wall... ???

By the way, john, why made you think that it's Uplift Mailbox? The logo, perhaps? Or do you have some info to share?

john

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2009, 19:12:59 »
I just assumed that the uplift took the mail up too.  ;D
Seriously though I have no idea why I thought uplift was responsible for mail, except that there are several different banners for Up-lift and I thought I saw one refrencing mail service.   (Don't go qouting me yet I'm going to have to find that banner again.)

And.. I tend to agree that its very unusual for Bungie to make a mistakeof this type, especially considering I have methodically checked every mailbox I could find and all the rest are properly oriented.

john

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2009, 00:18:42 »
Actually thanks to the galleries on this forum I found the banner it says New Mombasa Uplift "taking your packages to new heights"

http://www.gruntspajamas.com/gallery/v/SGP/companies/MombasaUplift/SL-Apollo+Doom-2009_10_06-upliftlogo.jpg.html

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 20:59:47 by nightcrafter27 »

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 21:01:04 »
Fixed a lot of broken (old) and just plain messed up links. Also, I believe the "Unknown Corporation Wing" is Misriah Armory.

EDIT: I believe I have found a new company, "Fueder Construction". You can see their building while looking East-Northeast from the 93 building Dutch looks at at the end of Uplift reserve in District 9. Screenshots may be incoming, hopefully.

EDIT2: Nope. I'm behind on Bungie dropping Halo support :(
But I did find this image on Halo nation. It appears to be from the other side.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 02:50:28 by nightcrafter27 »
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!