Author Topic: Anyone still hunting?  (Read 8848 times)

twiztid42O

• View Profile
Anyone still hunting?
« on: June 10, 2010, 19:52:24 »
Hi everyone im new to the forum,but im pretty up to date on the odst sgp itself,does anybody still play odst and investigate?if anyone is doing any exploring or anything add me on xbl my gt is:twiztid42O im always up for some mystery hunting,thanks and good hunting!

(an o at the end of 42 not a zero)

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone still hunting?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 20:17:52 »
wow, a new member who is NOT a spam bot. :D Welcome 'board!
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

twiztid42O

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 20:20:19 »
Nope im not a spam bot lol,and thanks.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 20:40:39 by twiztid42O »

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 20:55:45 »
Welcome, Twiz!  Thanks for joining us!

The short answer to your question is "yes!" 

As you may have seen, we have been spending most of our time reorganizing the site.  Please bear with us while we do crazy things like test new forum themes and slowly, painfully, build a website.  We've also been having a big discussion about our name and "brand".

While we've been doing all of this, actually getting into the game to "do what we do" has been sort of a luxury... at least for me.  I'm looking to set my feet back into the New Mombasa streets ASAP, though.  There are a lot of loose ends to tie up.

I see the "wait time" between now and the release of Reach as the perfect time to do this. 

You can always begin your own project here and attempt to enlist help from other members.  In the heydey of ODST, this was going on a lot. 

If you'd rather focus your hunting efforts on an existing project that we're trying to complete, check out the ODST WIP board.
There are three guides currently "In Progress" that we need help with:

I recently began talking with Scatcycle about getting the Cinematic Guide done. 

Once a guide has been completed, the idea is to make it "public" by putting it into the SGP Guides board and also adding it to our "Website Archives".  This is one of the things I am working to create now, and you can view an extremely rough version here in the games section of our (very heavily under construction and design) website.

Please note that the WIP boards are "members only".  Guests don't have access (a new change), under the assumption that if they cared enough to see the details of our projects then they probably should become a member!

Anyhow, THANK YOU for becoming a member!  It's a busy time and will only get busier!
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 20:56:58 »
Well, I borrowed my ODST disc to a friend (in exchange of Mass Effect 2) and it wont be long until we exchange back.
When that happens the first thing I'm gonna do is this.

Feel free to do it yourself so we can compare results after I do it. ;)
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 21:59:17 »
Hello Twistid! Welcome aboard! Id love to hunt with you. I still play it alot looking for more mysteries! I'll add you. My 'tags Scatcycle.

Edit: inb4 monx tries to tell me that there's no bloom

Lol scrub
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 21:10:23 by Scatcycle »
I feel it

sep7ember

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 09:26:18 »
Yes.. Still looking, and finding.

About a week ago, a friend of mine, jedichefdave, was getting bored of Bob bashing (not a euphemism) and found himself wandering down Data Hive just looking., when he came across Morse code emanating from one of the computer consoles, a quick bit of research on Google showed it had be found before buy a few people but nothing had been done about it.

He got me interested and we went back to have a listen, sure enough underneath the beeps and ticks of the computer there was Morse. Half an hour later I had a 27min video of the Rookie stood still, staring at the floor of Data Hive.

But, the Morse was intriguing, short bursts with 15-20sec in between, and they where of different lengths so they weren't the same. 

I ripped the sound track from the video, cut it into sections and emailed them to my Dad, who, back in the day - was a ham radio operator and knew Morse code- Yippee.

Two days later I received this little gem,

HW MNI WERE GG TO ST IVES?
THANK GOD ITS YOU
KITS CATS SACKS YFS
EAT THE PATH
NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRUM PERINAEUM
ES EVERY CAT HD 7 KITS
ES EVERY SACK HD 7 CATS
FROG BLAST THE VENT CORE
SEVEN IS DARKER
THIS FISH DO NOT EAT
WATCH YOUR STEP
ES EVERY YF HD 7 SACKS
THANK GOD ITS YOU
ES EVERY SACK HD 7 CATS
NON FACETE NOBIS CACITRARE VESTRUM PERIANEUM
KITS CATS SACKS YFS
EAT THE PATH
THIS FISH DO NOT EAT
AS I WAS GG TO ST IVES
SEVEN IS DARKER
ES EVERY CAT HD 7 KITS
WATCH YOUR STEP
I MET A MAN WID 7 YFS
ES EVERY CAT HD 7 KITS
THIS FISH DO NOT EAT
SEVEN IS DARKER
ES EVERY YF HD 7 SACKS
AS I WAS GG TO ST IVES
KITS CATS SACKS YFS

This is as it came, each line is a single burst of Morse, obviously randomly chosen, and for all you young-uns out there who think txt slang is new, please note, this is ITU short hand and has been around since the telegraph.

Sorry if this is all out there somewhere, and please tell us if it is, but we couldn't find anything posted about it anywhere.

PS anybody else think J banners look like punch cards.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 16:22:31 by ColdGlider »

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 17:09:39 »
Where have I heard of 7 bags with 7 cats before? Research time!

Also, this fish do not eat is Soffish.

Edit:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_you_were_going_to_saint_ives_you_met_a_man_with_7_wives_each_wife_had_seven_bags_each_bag_had_seven_cats_each_cat_had_seven_kittens_how_many_were_going_to_saint_ives
When you were going to saint ives you met a man with 7 wives each wife had seven bags each bag had seven cats each cat had seven kittens how many were going to saint ives?
For those wondering, ES stands for 'and'

Edit 2:
http://bungie.wikia.com/wiki/Words_and_Phrases
This page explains lots of things as bungie memes, such as frogblast the vent core.

Good job sep7ember! +KFY!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 17:27:33 by nightcrafter27 »
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

sep7ember

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 20:48:45 »
cheers nightcrafter

I've followed SGP since the beginning, I just don't post often.

Apologies too, I should have included that jedi and I already know this needs no further research..... its all Bungie lore, pretty much. We just thought it needed "putting out there" and I new just the place!!  ;)

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 16:19:37 by ColdGlider »

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 05:40:48 »
Nice, sep7ember.

That's pretty interesting  :laugh:

If you still play ODST and want to explore or need help just send me an invite or something.

GT: Insane Monx
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 05:42:47 by Insane Monx »
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 17:22:35 »
That is just outstanding work from you and your father Sep7ember.

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRUM PERINAEUM was first (Correct me if I'm wrong) shown in a Bungie news article back in mid 2010.

Since ODST released back on September 22 in 2009, this would have been quite the egg to find. While it still is, I guess we were meant to find it earlier.
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 19:09:49 »
NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRUM PERINAEUM was first (Correct me if I'm wrong) shown in a Bungie news article back in mid 2010.
Actually, it's been around a couple of years longer. The trademark by Bungie has been around since '08 or so.

Noob
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 00:35:56 »
Actually, it's been around a couple of years longer. The trademark by Bungie has been around since '08 or so.

Noob
Not a noob at all. Does the use of latin not strike you as relating to the new IP? Sure, the motto has been around, but the new IP has been referred to a lot with Latin. Obviously this new way of motto is relating to the new IP, it even has a picture of it in the story. So now, this new use of latin hasn't be around all this time.
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 02:40:15 »
Not a noob at all. Does the use of latin not strike you as relating to the new IP? Sure, the motto has been around, but the new IP has been referred to a lot with Latin. Obviously this new way of motto is relating to the new IP, it even has a picture of it in the story. So now, this new use of latin hasn't be around all this time.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bungie has only referred to their new IP with one latin phrase, "Per Audacia Ad Astra". And the phrase you're talking about is a Bungie Trademark. The use of latin does not strike me as relating to the new IP, it strikes me as a classic Bungie saying. Just like the other ones heard in the morse code. I don't see how it relates to their new IP.

And what picture?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:42:59 by Insane Monx »

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 05:43:12 »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bungie has only referred to their new IP with one latin phrase, "Per Audacia Ad Astra". And the phrase you're talking about is a Bungie Trademark. The use of latin does not strike me as relating to the new IP, it strikes me as a classic Bungie saying. Just like the other ones heard in the morse code. I don't see how it relates to their new IP.

And what picture?
They suddenly start using Latin when connecting to the new IP? Doesn't spark any idea in you? The classic english phrase is fine. There's no reason they would change it. And for the picture I mean the starry map background thing.
I feel it