Author Topic: Ideas on Musical Tones in Squidhenge  (Read 7371 times)

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
Ideas on Musical Tones in Squidhenge
« on: June 26, 2010, 14:59:12 »
I've been mulling this idea over in my head for awhile, and need to get it out.

What if, when you walk through a specific pair of the Henge Coulombs, a musical tone is produced. BUT, if you walk through the wrong pair, the game logs "You fail, no more chances for this session!" This might explain how some people accidentally produce a tone, then can never re-prove it, probably because they immediately walked through the same pair.

My Proposition is this; Someone starts a new game, walks through a pair. No tone? Start an new game, start over. Hear a tone? Write the pair down, and start searching for the next tone, using the same method.

Any takers?
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

CIA391

• Caps are cool I'm wearing one now.
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas on Musical Tones in Squidhenge
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 20:09:22 »
That's a good idea but saddly I can't do it at the moment.
A frog once said if you read this you'll die but how would he know you'll die. He's a frog and frogs can't talk. Who would listen to this frog. So to read this he just wasted your life for a few minutes meaning you are closer to dying anyway so the frog was telling the truth but frogs can't talk?

twiztid42O

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:48:07 »
Maybe its kinda like the IWHBYD skull in halo 3 if you F-up the ring sound sequence its f-ed and you have to start over
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 10:44:35 by twiztid42O »

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 22:46:52 »
@nightcrafter: Why don't YOU do it? ;)
I don't have my copy of ODST so I can't do anything (and believe me, I really have something special to do)...

@everyone: HOW COME I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO'S NEVER HEARD ANYTHING - ANYTHING - WHEN JUMPING THROUGH HALO 3'S IWHBYD RINGS?!
AND NOW YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT THE SQUIDHENGE?! I'VE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING!!!!!!!

*random trash-collector guy sees me, adjusts pale green baseball cap, grabs magnum, aims, BAM!*
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 00:10:48 »
I didnt hear anything... but i was too busy watching the video lol.

And i have no access either. :(

Soon.
I feel it

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 19:48:28 »
I tried it. Strange results. Will post a Vid if possible. So i tried diffrent ways, and sometimes the engineers would growl at me (this was all on legendary) when i went through in certain orders. Then i jumped on a light and music starts. Then i went afk and watched the world cup for a bit, then came back and checked on the tri glyph. It was normal. :( I dunno if the engineers growling was a coincidence.

Also found a brute in a ghost near the flashback of CM:NH.
I feel it

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 14:09:32 »
I plan to attempt and video some trials, now that I am back from my week long trip.

WTG Scat!

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 20:03:51 »
      Oh my... I just discovered something huge! So i was in tepecs party, and he was afk, so i think, lets just play a short game myself.

So i start playing, and go over to the squidhenge, and try to reproduce the sounds i got from the engineers yesterday for a new film. Couldn't do it. This time i heard music every time i did a certain sequence. Then a few time the engineer growls *success!*.

But thats not the big part. I take the plinth and put it next to the shortest pillar, opposite of the sad mono glyph, and grenade jump up onto it. I jump each pillar to stand on top of the sad mono glyph. I jump up and land back on the sad mono glyph pillar.
     Heres the big part. The engineers went CRAZY! They started growling, and making sounds Ive never heard! They did it nonstop for about 10 minutes until i jumped to the ground. It stopped. Then i go back up, and they start growling like crazy. A bit after that being up there a song played. 2 different songs played the 2 different times i was up there, and 1 played on the ground much before that.

Now the flight patterns. On the ground it was normal. When i got up there, they were going like this, really fast.

and i cant remember if they were pausing to look at me. but i do know they didnt stop at the end of their path like they usually do, it quickly turned around and continued.

Here is the FILM

Someone please watch it to confirm this huge find!

Side notes: I think the engineers might have been fretting because they think i might spot something from up there. I searched for things, including swords, didnt see any.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 20:05:35 by Scatcycle »
I feel it

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 22:52:25 »
When you where on top of the squidhenge coulombs, the engineers where always like so:

<Engy Path>
       _
    /     \
    \  _  /
       ^
You Are Here

No matter which one you where standing on. As soon as you hit the ground, they stopped making the noises, and scattered. You jumper back on, the weird pattern resumed, except one engy sometimes stopped to inspect you. Attempting repo now.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 23:24:03 »
When you where on top of the squidhenge coulombs, the engineers where always like so:

<Engy Path>
       _
    /     \
    \  _  /
       ^
You Are Here

No matter which one you where standing on. As soon as you hit the ground, they stopped making the noises, and scattered. You jumper back on, the weird pattern resumed, except one engy sometimes stopped to inspect you. Attempting repo now.
all right except for last one. Its a maybe. I dont remember.

I like your henges. Going online now. I'll show you.

Also it was on legendary, with cowbell grunt bday and IWHBYD
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 23:29:07 by Scatcycle »
I feel it

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 00:00:44 »
Me and night did it, a new one is on his file share. Im sure he'll link it soon. This time, it took a bit longer for them to calm down after i jumped off. This time, (i had to help night up LOL) night was standing on it, and they were raging, then i nade jumped up, and as soon as i touched the sad mono glyph pillar (the one he was on) a song started playing. And also, before that when i was just showing night, i went up alone, and an eerie dark music started playing... it was extremely faint. I have the OST and i play the game alot and ive NEVER heard it.
I feel it

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 00:26:13 »
Linky-Dinky.

For now, I am going to ignore the music.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 00:34:03 »
Ok. But still. The engineers. I just dont understand why they are coded to do that. Maybe we are standing on their friends grave. Maybe we should hit the grave. So many factors. Night, lets do it.
I feel it

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 01:24:02 »
When I did it myself, the reaction was mostly the same for all foe columbs; you didn't have to be standing on the SI sad coulomb to make at least one of them "pace" and make fap-whistle-growl sounds.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 04:52:48 »
When I did it myself, the reaction was mostly the same for all foe columbs; you didn't have to be standing on the SI sad coulomb to make at least one of them "pace" and make fap-whistle-growl sounds.
O_o
I feel it