Author Topic: Engineers and Stonehenge  (Read 27773 times)

gonzo694u

• View Profile
Engineers and Stonehenge
« on: October 06, 2009, 19:49:46 »
In reading about engineers on halopedia. I saw this that came of interest to me:
"they (engineers) will utter a high-pitched keening sound whenever a Forerunner artifact is under any sort of threat."

Since humans are descendants of forerunners and Mombasa has buildings, artifacts, etc of forerunners maybe you do have to either shoot or grenade their artifacts to trigger something. Maybe hurting the already dead elites (just guessing).

On a side note, do the pillars in the stonehenge produce musical tone when being shot at, grenade thrown at it, or melee (sorry if I misspelled it). Just like the IWHBYD on halo 3. The rings each made a different tone andyou had to play the correct notes in order for the halo song.

So tell me what you guys think.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 20:35:57 by gonzo694u »

JSM26

• View Profile
Re: Engineers and Stonehenge
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 20:48:13 »
I've tried hitting them and what not, but I could not hear anything. I'm going to try again with headphones, see if there is a difference.

[EDIT]
Tried hitting them, shooting them, touching them, and I could discern no noise aside from the one made by the firing of the gun (or the gun hitting the obelisk). As for noises made by the engineers, there was nothing to indicate that they were responding to my actions.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 20:59:29 by JSM26 »

gonzo694u

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 20:55:38 »
Also on halopedia they mentioned that the elites believed in honor and that they didn't like doctors and such because they caused bloodshed without honor. Elites believed that the only bloodshed should be from fighting and if they are injured then they would rather die with the enemy because of fighting with honor. So maybe shooting the dead elites also might trigger something.

Just theorizing. (I think that is a word)

JSM26

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 21:00:54 »
Yeah, its a word, and I'll be sure to try that. I'm also going to try going back there on different difficulties as well, see if there is any change.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 21:07:17 by JSM26 »

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 17:55:17 »
Engineer/ Simon says?

The lights from Stonehenge: The Engineers can activate the lights and they follow you around. If you leave the room they wait by the door till you return. Do they want to play?

I N S T R U C T I O N S :

This could be the classic game of Simon Says using tones or lights. The computer will play a series of tones or lighting up the mining lights (only one to begin with). You must then repeat what the computer did. The game progresses by adding a new tone to the sequence every turn. The game ends when the player misses when repeating the sequence.

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 19:03:21 »
Oh ho!  This is a great idea, I'll have to try it out tonight.  First step: figuring out how long the sequence is, the Engineers go over and over the same areas it seems but is there any variation?

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 06:14:55 »

As I have been mapping District 06, I've cataloged six nine fallen Elites.  There are six Squidhenge slabs.  Enigma's image "My Gift" is what I have in mind, but with six Elites instead.  Moving Elites is a pain.  We'd want four players.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 18:05:52 by nightcrafter27 »
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 12:08:15 »
Body stacking: beat dead "peeps" into a pile its easier to move groups of the dead.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 14:26:27 »
Ok. so I attepted to to gather dead Elites and get them to stonehenge, after about an hour I had gotten 5 dead Elites about 20% of the way to Stonehenge....naturally I gave up, since it would probably take me around 4 hour to complete. So I decided to get a Hunter to follow me to squidehenge, got em, killed him and nothing happened. In frustration I killed both Engineers, blow up my mongoose and span around till both of my weapons couldn't fire anymore. While spinning and blasting I noticed I was missing something.....The sad face was GONE! leaving only an empty Y glyph. So I quit out after realizing that nothing special had opened or magically appeared and decided to go into theater (1:06:05 worth of video and didnt really do anything till about 59:18 Urg...) Ok so before I get to the glyph, I noticed the the hunter's are aware of the monitor, I was board in monitor mode ( since my guy was beating down dead elites for an hour) so I went to where the Hunter's were resting, if you are around 30 feet away and zoom in on them their tentacles will rise. I did this several time to make sure that I was in fact triggering a response.....If nothing else its odd. Brutes nor Grunt's produced the same results. its weird because you are watching the "past" and to be able to trigger response that never originally took place...is exciting! what else can we trigger a reaction to?!?!!?  Ok so when I finally made it to the time line I was looking for awaited the sad glyph disappearance.... so that I could take the ground breaking photo.. It never went away..... in game it was gone ( the Hunter dead in the middle) I even took a picture of the Hunter in the middle and for some odd reason the Hunter didn't show up and the glyph did. I would post the picture...but it unfortunately does NOT prove anything nor does it support anything I have stated.

Oh well..... ::)

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 15:22:14 »
Elite Rank and color:

Light blue: pitiful warrior

blue: rookie

Red: veteran, commander of lower ranks

gold: normally pilot phantoms, often found with swords

White: In charge of lower ranks

Black: stealth warrior

silver: highest rank

I couldn't find a true source on ranking. I think finding a high ranking dead Elite might prove useful. especially for the Squidehenge.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 16:51:06 »
That was a lot of work you did... thanks for reporting in.  I have been moving the pedestal to different places, experimenting with its shadow.  No luck.

In the Eliot poem, he repeats "The shadow falls" as he describes pairs of things is falls between.  Guess how many pairs?  No, not six.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 18:01:26 »
Interesting canon. :)

taken from http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Huragok

While the Prophets guide, direct, and manage Forerunner research and technology, it is the Engineers caste who must excavate, unlock, and transport Forerunner artifacts, though the Prophets insist that any admission of that fact is heresy. These remarkably helpful and docile aliens are patient, almost completely silent, and exceedingly reserved in their work and its religious implications.

Engineers are the scientific and engineering backbone of the Covenant and its economy. They float via bladders that let off a gas that is lighter than air, and their many tentacles are able to split into many fine cilia, with which they are able to manipulate machinery. Engineers are capable of quickly learning the functionality of new technology. On one occasion, an Engineer was observed by the Master Chief dismantling a vehicle's engine, assembling it into various other working configurations, and then returning it to its original state, all in a matter of seconds.[4]

Huragok "reproduce" by gathering the needed (or available) materials from their surroundings to build another Huragok. Up to three Huragok take part in this process, relaying all the information that they have learned to their "offspring." Given sufficient raw materials, a pair of Huragok can produce a unified replica of themselves in approximately 45 minutes; the addition of a third Huragok cuts the time down to 30 minutes. Understandably, it is advantageous to have as many Huragok contribute to this process as possible, raising the "intelligence" of the offspring.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 14:39:29 »
SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT THIS IS BIG NEWS WHICH CALLS FOR CAPS!!!

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=98507642
http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=98507685
http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=98507701

I HAVE FOUND A 2ND STONE!! MUCH LIKE THE 1ST ONE IT IS EASY TO MOVE AND STAND UP, THE AMAZING THING IS ITS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THE FIRST, BUT HAS SIMILAR PROPERTIES. MY EDUCATED GUESS IS THAT THERE IS A 3RD STONE!!

I THINK I FOUND IT NEAR MICKEY MISSION ARTIFACT, INSIDE THE BUILDING.
I CHECK THE BUILDING NEAR THE MISSION START ( WHERE YOU 1ST DROP IN) AND FOUND NOTHING. MY GUESS WOULD BE THAT THE 3RD STONE WOULD BE LOCATED IN A BUILDING.

NOTES: I HAD TO PUSH THE 2ND STONE THRU A FEW DISTRICTS TO GET IT TO SQUIDEHENGE. ONCE THE 3RD STONE IS FOUND, YOU WOULD HAVE TO SYSTEMATICALLY PUSH STONE 1 TO STONE 2'S LOCATION THEN PUSH STONE 1 AND 2 TO SQUIDEHENGE WHERE STONE 3 IS LOCATED, OTHERWISE YOU WOULD RISK THE STONES BEING RESET.

I WILL BE ON TONIGHT TILL THE 3RD STONE IS FOUND. :P ::) :( >:( :) ;) :o

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 16:15:56 »
Holy.  Shit.

The fact that second one is different, they look much more like Forerunner components than before.  I'd also like to note we found one identical to the first Stone in Tayari Plaza but forgot to mention it.  It was in the plaza with the footbridges in the building that leads to the 3rd floor catwalk.

Enigma, I'm in for getting this done tonight.

EDIT:  I meant to include this post from the bnet forums, looks like someone tested this idea at least once: about halfway down the page. RE: Engineers examining the pillars.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 16:22:48 by Apollo Doom »

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 16:23:21 »
I WILL BE ON AT 9:15PM EST TILL THIS DONE. SEE YOU THEN APOLLO!!!!