Author Topic: Engineers and Stonehenge  (Read 27772 times)

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Engineers and Stonehenge
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 18:16:26 »
ZOMG!!!!111one+eleven!1
NIIIIICE work Enigma! Quick, find the 3rd!
But could there be more of them? like, 5 in all (1 in the middle and 4 in it's sides)? Would'n that make it completely perfect? No matter, at least find the 3rd!!!

And then a question for clearing stuff up:So the first stone is in TP, and the second near the Gauss Cannon building, where Mickey's mission clue is? Or should the first be there already?

I've seen some pic's where the first one is showing, but I don't know if I have missed some post or something...:P

If you people can't find it(or them) in 9 hours, I'll join teh hunt. Right now, I've got some sleeping to do.
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 21:50:36 »
Great discovery, Enigma!  I'll be online later tonight to assist with the search.  I have (yet another) theory that coincides with interior building searches, so this is perfect timing.

Has anyone every noticed these outside of Squidhenge?
Photo 1
Photo 2

I mean, seriously.  Why haven't we taken note of these before?  I think one of Apollo's friends first spotted these in a game the other day.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 21:53:47 »
There's also the quadhenges in the sunken plazas.  All of these stones are unmarked...

lordofthebeets

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 21:55:18 »
I found the third one!!!  it is just off the wanna be squidhenge in the tayari plaza district. It is right by a supply cache and looks like the second!
Coincidence? I think not.
I wander around aimlessly.

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2009, 21:57:52 »
So the 3rd Plinth is identical to the 2nd found.  If we find another to confirm, my theory is that there are 5 of the same type and one unique.

What if we bring these to the empty squidhenge room and build our own there?  Use the unique Plinth for the space the SI occupies in the other!

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2009, 22:17:23 »
GD!!GJ!!

I am really surprised this hasn't been explored yet. I have searched site after site after site and see no reference to the pedestals  or how they may relate to the henge.. although really these pedestals could really be put together anywhere, which is a slight concern. Really there are a couple of places where forming these pedestals make since. Its going to be a long night....

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2009, 22:58:51 »
here is what I am thinking..

UNO

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2009, 23:10:58 »
Wowwie!!
I dont think there is anything like this on the bungie site.

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 23:25:02 »
Welcome welcome Uno, the more minds we have working on this the better!

Here's a map of the locations of the 3 Plinths that we've discovered.  They're the white dots:

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 23:38:20 »
hmmm nice map Apollo! So looks like we need to Start in District 5, push to District 6 and end in district 4. Has anyone found another one?

UNO

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2009, 00:20:51 »
doesnt it make more cents that there might be an area that is missing those statue thing? remember like the old resident evil or tomb raider games where you had to push stuff to a special place till they click or unlock something...

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2009, 00:52:43 »
Good idea Uno, but none of us have seen anything that looks like its missing a piece (aside from the empty 'henge's)

There's also the fact that they appear to share the same design philosophy as the Forerunner, which nothing else in NM does.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2009, 05:14:30 »
Yes, since we have nothing else in our minds, the 'henges seem to be the best idea. And don't you think that the 'henges may be about Forerunner or the Forerunner construct seen in the Legendary-ending?

I searched the Halopedia and found no Forerunner machines or constructs that would look like our's, exluding The library, which haves some resemblance but then again looks a lot different(forget it, it's totally different). But I agree It's surely Forerunner.

And have you noticed that all the Stones are found from Asklon's buildings? Is Asklon connected to the mystery somehow?
Or perhaps to the Glyphs? (Askon logo does have resemblance to a simple glyph[Y upside-down])
Perhaps we should search from the rest of Asklon buildings for more Stones?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 06:58:43 by Imppa »
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

gonzo694u

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2009, 15:16:03 »
We already know that the glyphs are all over the place in legendary ending of where the prophet is, but I was wondering if anybody noticed that the chair of the prophet is similar in shape to the Plinths that you guys found. I was looking at enigma's pictures of the plinths and the bottom one (where the sides curve inwards) looks like the shape of the prophet's chair. I don't know if it means anything, but I just wanted to point it out.

%SPOILER%

Here is the link to the video. Look at the chair at around 28 sec and let me know what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUyQkSG2PQg

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2009, 16:50:54 »
Imppa: regarding the Asklon buildings, we've noted that the only open buildings are Asklon's.  Or at least contain exclusively Asklon imagery inside.  I've been trying to figure out whether there is special significance to this or if Bungie just wanted to make Asklon the ridiculous megacorp for New Mombasa.  Check out my thread about New Mombasa's Corporations

Gonzo: The back of the Prophet's chair does look similar two the 2 identical plinths we found if they were place back-to-back.  I too was trying to figure out if we've seen that shape anywhere else so I started thinking through all the Forerunner structures we've seen and this is the one I think the 2nd Plinths resemble: (its a structure from the level Halo in Halo:CE) Installation 04 Beam Emitter

Update on getting Plinths together:  Last night ColdGlider, Anonymous, Enigma and myself spent some time trying to get the Plinths into Squidhenge together.  We discovered that they, like most objects in the game, de-spawn when you force the game to de-load their origin District.

This leaves us with some other options.  One is that each Plinth has a place it belongs in its own or adjacent districts and they are not supposed to be assembled together.  Another is that there might be multiple sets of Plinths that are supposed to be used together in some way.  Yet another is that this is another dead end.  But lets keep testing to see!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 20:24:44 by nightcrafter27 »