Author Topic: SGP: Engineer Reactions to Weapons  (Read 2178 times)

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
SGP: Engineer Reactions to Weapons
« on: October 10, 2009, 21:27:10 »
Finally I have discovered something new and interesting!  At least for me.

I am currently running around the MS trying to get par (btw I've been wandering for 45 minutes on Heroic with Catch, Tough Luck, Thunderstorm, and Famine on and I only have 60000 points.  not enough patrols!) and decided to start killing Engineers to get to 100k faster.  

I walked into the S06 Squidhenge and didn't shoot them immediately.  I noticed they didn't react to me much with my Pistol out and aiming at them.  Then I switched to the Brute Shot and they both made an alarmed noise and floated away quickly.  I switched back to Pistol and got no such reaction.  The Carbine next to the dead Elite gets not such reaction.

It might just be a behavior to add richness to the "Engineers don't like Brutes" thing, but I thought it worth noting.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 02:51:14 by ColdGlider »

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Re: SGP: Engineer Reactions to Weapons
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 02:46:34 »
Thanks for noting this Apollo.  I wonder if the reaction is tied to the first time you change weapons.  A neat test would be to walk in there with the brute shot first, then switch to the pistol.

::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 13:29:35 »
I went out and in and switched weapons between Brute Shot, Pistol and Carbine a bunch of times, they only reacted that way to the Brute Shot.

Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 23:35:49 »
Off subject (not really), but I was roaming and looking for more clues today, and there was an engineer at the door between D08 and D05. It wasn't moving, it was making noise, and its shields where down. I watched it for at least 10 min. I meleed it and nothing happened. I walked away, turn to see if it was still there, and it was gone. I think maybe it was a glitch, but I found it interesting; figured you would to.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 23:27:26 by Phantasm 08 »

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 11:19:06 »
I would like to point out that, after hearing apollos discovery, I went and tried it out. interesting stuff. I would like to point out that engineers in firefight don't react like this. I think that it is campaign related only.
...this coffee sucks.