Author Topic: SGP: Secret detonator on CM:AS (Solved)  (Read 50822 times)

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Secret detonator on CM:AS
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2010, 16:33:02 »
Hm. Maybe the ending cutscene will be different due to this?
'Cause I don't think it's just a forgotten thing they didn't remember to take off (for reason or another), but that it could have been actually meant to b used: It IS the only detonator that can be armed just with your dead body falling next to it, right?
Me and night tried that... and (before) we made the pelican go above the  barrier but night got squish off :(. The cutscene wasn't different.
Well I'll be. :-\
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2010, 05:26:59 »
We never did figure this out. My theory as of now is that the detonator is used in the final cinematic to destroy the ONI building. Although I don't know why it gets activated by your body as you crush every bone in your body whilst hitting the ground.
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2010, 09:44:56 »
Lots of unsolved mysteries in ODST. This is just another one in the pile of them. :P

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2012, 01:24:21 »
I received this message from Lars, and although I can't remember what I said, I think I was asking about this detonator.

Subject: Hmmm, I didn't work on that le...
Thug Larz
Bungie Team
Sent: 9/7/2012

Hmmm, I didn't work on that level. not sure if it's an egg or not. :)

Well, obviously the ODST credits weren't much help, having listed Lars as the "Level Designer". I've sent him a new message politely asking who (if he knows) the Oni Alpha Site level designer is, so I'll be relay the information if it comes.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 23:20:28 by Scatcycle »
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2012, 03:34:20 »
Hopefully he responds the second time.what did you message him?
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2012, 23:42:46 »
Lars replied back fast, saying:

Code: [Select]
Subject: re: re: Hmmm, I didnt work on that le...
Thug Larz
Bungie Team
Sent: 10/17/2012

Sure thing. His name is Alex and he' s aDesigner as well.

I believe this designer is Alex Pfeiffer. Lukems interviewed Alex in a bungie weekly update, including this random text at the end of the post:

The Smuggler

REPORT: CONTAINMENT FAILURE

LF.Xx.3273 research and containment facility; [delta site] has experienced catastrophic specimen containment failure. All apertures into facility will be locked until further notice. Atmosphere evacuation and [reduction of ambient temperature] protocols have already been enacted. Request maintenance and security detail [at earliest opportunity]. [8 minutes] elapsed since initial containment failure.

Waiting for maintenance and security detail. [32 minutes, 9 seconds] elapsed since request.

Still waiting for maintenance and security detail. [24 hours] elapsed since request.

REPORT: SECURITY BREACH

LF.Xx.3273 research and containment facility; [delta site] has experienced a security breach via emergency [slip stream space] transportation conduits. Emergency [slip stream space] transportation conduits have been placed in recursive mode to contain unauthorized hostile lifeforms. Request emergency security detail. Still waiting for primary maintenance and security detail. [2512332 hours, 14 minutes, 6 seconds]elapsed since initial request.

REPORT: DERELICTION OF DUTY

2401 [PENITENT TANGENT] has been lax in the areas of maintenance and security.

I have no idea what it means. Just thought I'd include it. As of now I have no idea of any way to communicate him.
I feel it

CIA391

• Caps are cool I'm wearing one now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2012, 21:58:15 »
Lars replied back fast, saying:

Subject: re: re: Hmmm, I didnt work on that le...
Thug Larz
Bungie Team
Sent: 10/17/2012

Sure thing. His name is Alex and he' s aDesigner as well.

I believe this designer is Alex Pfeiffer. Lukems interviewed Alex in a bungie weekly update, including this random text at the end of the post:

The Smuggler

LF.Xx.3273 research and containment facility; [delta site] has experienced catastrophic specimen containment failure. All apertures into facility will be locked until further notice. Atmosphere evacuation and [reduction of ambient temperature] protocols have already been enacted. Request maintenance and security detail [at earliest opportunity]. [8 minutes] elapsed since initial containment failure.

Waiting for maintenance and security detail. [32 minutes, 9 seconds] elapsed since request.

Still waiting for maintenance and security detail. [24 hours] elapsed since request.

REPORT: SECURITY BREACH

LF.Xx.3273 research and containment facility; [delta site] has experienced a security breach via emergency [slip stream space] transportation conduits. Emergency [slip stream space] transportation conduits have been placed in recursive mode to contain unauthorized hostile lifeforms. Request emergency security detail. Still waiting for primary maintenance and security detail. [2512332 hours, 14 minutes, 6 seconds]elapsed since initial request.

REPORT: DERELICTION OF DUTY

2401 [PENITENT TANGENT] has been lax in the areas of maintenance and security.

I have no idea what it means. Just thought I'd include it. As of now I have no idea of any way to communicate him.
The Smuggler thing. That was something to promote Halo 3's Free Cold Storage Map. What it told was that installation 05 was infected because the Monitor of it was lax(lazy) and didnt do his dutys. This is linked into Halo CEA's terminals where 343 mentions that 05's monitor was going rampant. It can also link to a gravemind being there already making him rampant. Much like a gravemind did in the Halo 3 terminals to the mendicant bias.
A frog once said if you read this you'll die but how would he know you'll die. He's a frog and frogs can't talk. Who would listen to this frog. So to read this he just wasted your life for a few minutes meaning you are closer to dying anyway so the frog was telling the truth but frogs can't talk?

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2013, 05:00:01 »
CG and I took a limited look at this and unfortunately didn't find much. We did find that each individual player can "charge" the detonator. Charge meaning set, turn on. While not confirmed, it seemed that even if you didn't view your body hit the ground (you respawned before), you still set your charge. I'm thinking maybe if all 4 players set their own charge, something could happen.
I feel it

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2013, 15:00:50 »
So does this mean that there is a separate detonator for each player, and it can only be set once? In other words:

Player A jumps down, arms the detonator. If player B jumped down after, would he arm it as well? And if player A goes again, it would not arm, because it already is armed?
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2013, 17:09:58 »
So does this mean that there is a separate detonator for each player, and it can only be set once? In other words:

Player A jumps down, arms the detonator. If player B jumped down after, would he arm it as well? And if player A goes again, it would not arm, because it already is armed?
I believe so. I'm not positive about this, but I'm pretty sure I COULD NOT hear CG setting the detonator. As in, I would jump down, die, and hear it, and he would jump right after, so I'd be watching his player while I respawn. When he hits the ground I would not hear anything, and he would confirm that he heard it.
I feel it

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2013, 17:24:29 »
Alright. Sounds like we need to get three players (at least) and science this. I propose these experiments:

-Two players at the same time
-Two players, with a second or two between to test  if the detonator arms once for everyone or individually
-Two players multiple times in the same run through to see if the detonator re-arms. Both staggered and simultaneously

(a third player, so two can keep jumping down te hole without having to go back a checkpoint)

I can't get on until Friday, but I'll be happy to put together a test plan spreadsheet after CG's own heart for data collection in the meantime.
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2013, 20:08:18 »
Alright. Sounds like we need to get three players (at least) and science this. I propose these experiments:

-Two players at the same time
-Two players, with a second or two between to test  if the detonator arms once for everyone or individually
-Two players multiple times in the same run through to see if the detonator re-arms. Both staggered and simultaneously

(a third player, so two can keep jumping down te hole without having to go back a checkpoint)

I can't get on until Friday, but I'll be happy to put together a test plan spreadsheet after CG's own heart for data collection in the meantime.

Sounds good! The detonator here might always be a dummy for something us mere players could not understand, but maybe not! There have always been interesting switches in Bungie's games (and to be frank, ODST is all about switches, isn't it? :D Well, maybe not, but still.)

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2013, 20:18:31 »
This detonator is towards the end of the level, I'd say. What if it was only part of a chain event? Such as you had to accomplish task(s) before this, such as killing all enemies, or keeping all allies alive. And then everyone would hit the switch and you'd teleport to a mysterious dark room with a half-naked Jason Jones floating up and down, across from a Marty O' Donnell dancing in a sea of hearts with soft techno music coming from somewhere behind you. There's several variables for things we could attempt with the unique first environment of this level.
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Atarigen

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2013, 14:01:21 »
I have returned after sometime away. Some of you know me as GT: Atarigen, DukeLehto7, and most recently as GT FistotheUnicorn. I also use a new username on B net, "Horseflesh. I remember this site from several years ago. Funny I remember signing up back then, but did find myself here. Maybe I did not. I have returned to share new information on ERR. Yes you heard me I know how to use ERR. I had great fun with ODST, and have great affection for BUNGIE. My present purpose here is to revisit ODST for still unfound content. I suspect this effort may be fruitful. I am looking forward to working with any still remaining users here. I specifically remember Impa, I am curious to see If he is still active.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2013, 19:04:19 »
Imppa! Front and center! You've been name-dropped!    :o

@Atarigen:  You may have had an account previously that was deleted based on inactivity.  In any event, thanks for coming back!  Now please tell us all you know about ERR before Nightcrafter saddles you with an explosive device all Huragok style!  You have our attention!

::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::