Author Topic: SGP: Secret detonator on CM:AS (Solved)  (Read 50829 times)

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Secret detonator on CM:AS
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2013, 21:59:10 »
Now please tell us all you know about ERR before Nightcrafter saddles you with an explosive device all Huragok style!  You have our attention!

Wait what. I do want to know what ERR is, but maybe not that much. And by registering you had my attention. Now, you have my curiosity.

Psst! CG, stop scaring him! :P
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Atarigen

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2013, 01:47:16 »
 I have had quit a journey since ODST. I have evolved very much from being your average Halo achievement Completionist to an Easter egg hunter of note. Bungies creation Halo has held my attention like no other franchise. Other games once completed were placed back in their case where they remained. Halo was different. Bungie had created a game with many avenues of entertainment, and expression. There was  something for everyone. For me enjoyment came from repeating, and finding their Easter egg mind boggles. I appreciate them even more now. Eventually I had my very own first finds. Later I had single finds to my credit, meaning they have not been repeated by others. The credit it not mine it belongs to our puzzle makers. However I enjoy sharing finds with other fans as a celebration of their efforts.  Bungie is expressing intelligent enigmas to determine our alertness to their efforts. At the time ODST was being explored I was excited by theories, and finds were discussed here, and on B net. I am happy those of you here kept to the quest. If you had not it would have been much harder to bring the puzzle experts together at the right time. You are Forerunners experts of things Halo. I revered your expertise then, and still do now. It is really amazing to return here with something to offer your quest. I have followed 343 and their efforts to continue Bungie's Halo legacy while awaiting Bungies new world. I do not know If Bungie agrees with me or not, but 343 has done well. Of course I am biased because an area 343 has excelled in is close to my heart. 343 has incorporated Easter eggs in Halo4 on a grand scale, which brings me back here to revisit ERR with you . It has been some time since I have been fluent in ODST egg hunts. However I have always believed we did not find everything. I do not have time to share everything now. What I will say is that an abridging ARG system was planned long ago. Connecting Halo worlds both new and old. I am hopeful that this system will help us find remaining ODST content. I am personally very excited to experience our new Destiny. Bungie hinted at well laid plans for Destiny in ODST. A relevant revisiting of ODST may intrigue us until Destiny's release. Sweet fruit should never be wasted.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 14:58:52 by Atarigen »

Jedichef

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2013, 15:14:11 »
Hi Atarigen

You have me intrigued, I now little about hint systems etc, but talking of the link between games....
It may already have been pointed out?? but I just realised that the odst controller is linked to the h3 terminals.
rogue process ghost appears there too

You have me on the edge of my seat cant wait to see what you've got going on

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2013, 05:34:15 »
I have returned after sometime away. Some of you know me as GT: Atarigen, DukeLehto7, and most recently as GT FistotheUnicorn. I also use a new username on B net, "Horseflesh. I remember this site from several years ago. Funny I remember signing up back then, but did find myself here. Maybe I did not. I have returned to share new information on ERR. Yes you heard me I know how to use ERR. I had great fun with ODST, and have great affection for BUNGIE. My present purpose here is to revisit ODST for still unfound content. I suspect this effort may be fruitful. I am looking forward to working with any still remaining users here. I specifically remember Impa, I am curious to see If he is still active.

Atarigen! Now THIS is a nostalgic. I'm honoured that you still remember me man, 'cause I remember you too: you were perhaps the most keen person involved in the ODST research back in Bnet. I remember how you did actually report Eggs no one had seen before (I still have no idea where that one doll you found is) and involve yourself in all kinds of ODST theorizing. Your achievements back then were quite admirable. :)

So I'm very glad you've found your way back here! Welcome!

What I will say is that an abridging ARG system was planned long ago. Connecting Halo worlds both new and old. I am hopeful that this system will help us find remaining ODST content. I am personally very excited to experience our new Destiny. Bungie hinted at well laid plans for Destiny in ODST. A relevant revisiting of ODST may intrigue us until Destiny's release. Sweet fruit should never be wasted.

I actually feel the same. Felt for some time now. Yeah. [NEW THREAD INCOMING CONCERNING SUBJECT]

Anyway, about me! Don't worry guys, even though I mightnot have been around here for sime time, I still plan to work on all these mysteries! I might have even time now, because, you see, I'm currentlyresiding in Australia on a Working Holiday. :D I'm going to go back home to sweet and oh so cold Finland already in december, but before that I have 4 months to spend here Down Under. For some reason, my tablet really didn't like the new site, and posting revealed to be a bit hard, but I'll manage. The hunt is still on! LLtSGP! :)
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2014, 23:02:37 »
N-N-N-N-NECRO!!!!

I've done a little putzing around trying to make some headway on this. I got a better recording of the detonator arming (no explosions), and saved CIA's screenshot so we can have an on-site version. Sound clip

For those who have had trouble locating the detonator, it is against the wall at the bottom of the north-eastern shaft. If you look at the elevator you take up to the roof of the building, it is the hole to your left.

Here's the good part: it's armed in Firefight. In CM: AS, the detonator handle is vertical, with red indicator lights, as in CIA's screenshot. In FF: AS, the handle is horizontal with a green indicator light, as shown below. It does not make the arming sound when your body lands near it. As far as I know, an invisible barrier makes it impossible to fly down before your ODST has fallen, so we can't check to see if it makes the sound as soon as the game starts. The detonator is armed regardless of difficulty.

I've don'e a quick fly-around in theater mode, but I haven't seen anything that looks like it's linked to this.

CIA, I've only seen the detonator in the vertical, red position in CM:AS, and your screenshot came from campaign. Do you know what you did to get the green version?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 23:04:46 by nightcrafter27 »

CIA391

• Caps are cool I'm wearing one now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2014, 00:14:37 »
Everything I said was everything I did.

I will try and replicate everything again tomorrow(today later on) so I can be 100%
A frog once said if you read this you'll die but how would he know you'll die. He's a frog and frogs can't talk. Who would listen to this frog. So to read this he just wasted your life for a few minutes meaning you are closer to dying anyway so the frog was telling the truth but frogs can't talk?

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2014, 05:02:06 »
Everything I said was everything I did.

I will try and replicate everything again tomorrow(today later on) so I can be 100%

Sounds good. I'll see if I can do it on every difficulty tomorrow.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2014, 07:08:01 »
I thought we discovered that it didn't exist in firefight? Anyway, Dutch likes blowing stuff up right? Perhaps we rocket launch him down there and see if he arms it.
I feel it

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2014, 19:01:53 »
Hey, Scatters!  You and I went down there not too long ago, if I recall correctly.  I don't remember if it was in FF or CM though.

I loaded up FF:AS last night and took a plunge down that NE shaft.  Played back in Theater and sure enough there was a green detonator just like the photo Nightcrafter provided.  There was an explosion, but it appeared to be just my grenades.  The detonator stayed in tact.

::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2014, 05:17:48 »
Ok, I did my testing. I was wrong. A green detonator is disarmed, while a red detonator is armed. If you are confused, I made the handy gif of a detonator being armed below:

I ran through CM: AS on every difficulty, and checked in theater to see if the detonator ever changed. It was always red; armed.

SO the detonator is armed in campaign, but disarmed in firefight. And before you ask, on one of my runs, Mickey armed the charges for me and blew up the bridge one his own. This suggests there is something to do in firefight to arm the detonator.

Also, the detonator arming sound played for me when my body was just above this point:

CIA391

• Caps are cool I'm wearing one now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2014, 11:28:18 »
Did you look at the detonator before and after the sound happened? So see if the body actually caused the activation.
A frog once said if you read this you'll die but how would he know you'll die. He's a frog and frogs can't talk. Who would listen to this frog. So to read this he just wasted your life for a few minutes meaning you are closer to dying anyway so the frog was telling the truth but frogs can't talk?

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2014, 16:32:42 »
Did you look at the detonator before and after the sound happened? So see if the body actually caused the activation.

Yes, I did; the detonator doesn't change states.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2014, 15:57:48 »

This GIF is QUITE handy, indeed. Nice job!

This detonator is quite troubling though: it's in a place where you can't reach it, where you normally wouldn't notice it, it doesn't seem to even function properly even though, against all reason, works anyway. It's also both in the FF map as in CM, only the state of it is different and it doesn't function at all in FF.

What could it possibly be for?
Could it be that it is a leftover of some great scheme that was scrubbed on the creation process? A funny, weird thing left by a Bungie employee? If so, why is it different in the two maps, if it doesn't have any meaning?

I really am not sure what we are dealing with here. The secret detonator is truly a mysterious thing, even if it's small and appears to be insignificant. I hope we can, at some point, find the true meaning behind it...

Have we also checked if the state stays the same while you move toward the end of the level? Does the ground level de-load when you take the lift, or can you still look at the detonator in Theater while you have moved up to the roof?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 15:42:48 by Imppa »

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2014, 18:17:28 »
I think that firefight is our best bet for progress. The detonator is already armed in campaign, and it doesn't make too much sense for the detonator to disarm based on some trigger. I'm betting that if this detonator does anything, there will be some trigger to arm it in firefight.

Possibly, there is some trigger set to a certain amount of progress in firefight. So, play through FF: AS and jump down the shaft after each wave, and after the "par" score if reached. If the detonator doesn't become armed before it is reached...I highly doubt Bungie would make players survive past Endure.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2014, 15:46:37 »
I think that firefight is our best bet for progress. The detonator is already armed in campaign, and it doesn't make too much sense for the detonator to disarm based on some trigger. I'm betting that if this detonator does anything, there will be some trigger to arm it in firefight.

But having an Easter Egg in the CM would seem more logical to me..especially since it DOES make the sound.

Are we sure it isn't just some switch that triggers some other EE in the level? Checking every place and looking for eggs after triggering the sound seems like a good idea, if we haven't done that already...

Besides, I'm not as good as I used to be in Halo, and I was never very good. :(