Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories  (Read 1184 times)

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
Conspiracy Theories
« on: August 12, 2010, 23:08:06 »
Just a few notes that may tie in to the game...

0720 Hours: The Covenant destroys ODG Facility A-331 by aerial bombardment (glassing), though some Spartans escape. The surviving MAC guns are now offline and are quickly destroyed by plasma torpedoes. Remaining UNSC vessels have no choice but to retreat. The Covenant warships are split into two groups: 5 ship teams that hunt down the surviving UNSC vessels and a group of ships that align themselves in formation and begin to glass Reach.

"We are not wasting a single UNSC ship to confirm what we have already seen a dozen times before: Reach is gone. Everything on it is blasted to bits, burned, glassed over, and vaporized. Everyone on Reach is dead. Dead. Dead. Dead."
    Colonel James Ackerson[13]

The Forerunner Crystal, referred to by the Covenant as the Fragment of Divinity, the Shard of the Gods,[1] or the Holy Light,[2] was a Forerunner artifact that was discovered in the underground Menachite Forerunner Complex on Reach by Dr. Catherine Elizabeth Halsey and the surviving Spartan members of Red Team in 2552.[3] The artifact is of incredible potential, capable of warping space,[4] energy,[4] gravity,[5] and even time and Slipspace.[6] It is hardly understood by the UNSC forces who found it, but is a prize that the Covenant were extremely eager to obtain.

September 2552

September 7th

* 0002 Hours: The SPARTAN Red team survivors and Dr. Halsey, after days of walking through the abandoned Titanium mines below CASTLE base, reach a corridor covered in Forerunner symbols.
          o shortly afterwards: A series of detonations by Covenant forces looking for them cause the deaths of Vinh-030 and Isaac-039.

The unofficially dubbed "Legendary Planet" is a mysterious planet toward which the rear section of the UNSC Frigate Forward Unto Dawn, containing the Master Chief and Cortana, is seen drifting into the Legendary ending of Halo 3. Seconds later, a light shines across the surface of the planet, as the Forward Unto Dawn is caught by the planet's gravity. The Legendary Planet also appears in a small image in the Halo Encyclopedia, where it is shown to have a reddish-orange color on a small illuminated section.[1]

Reach

The last theory is that the planet is, in fact, the planet Reach. This can be concluded from the nebula cloud being similar to that that was in the Starry Night trailer, during the conversation between the boy and the girl. Other evidence that supports this is that the lake seen on Reach is similar to the symbol that can be seen on the planet, which would be a dry lake bed from the planet being glassed. Since Reach was glassed, not destroyed, it is safe to assume that the planet could be Reach. The very last bit of information that points towards the legendary planet being Reach is in fact the last level, is one of the section names. Full circle, indicates that every thing is coming to an end, where it all began. The first game began with Master Chief in a cryo chamber, and it is known that they had left from Reach, and Halo 3 ended with Master Chief climbing into a cryo chamber, with the back half of the ship heading towards a planet that bears resemblence to Reach.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 23:35:25 by ColdGlider »

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracy theory's
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 09:08:49 »
From what wikia did you get this?

And how could The Legendary Planet be reach with all those forerunner glyphs on it?
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 14:16:05 »
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary_Planet ( there are many different theories )

Not saying it is Reach...but it could be.

From what I understand there is forerunner ruins on Reach..for all we know once it was glassed the symbols may have reacted to the plasma...maybe.

Keep in mind Reach was only partially glassed. Also the military assumes everyone is dead on Reach.

I am really interested in the crystal and its applications.....so many what ifs come to mind. I have only read highlights of the novels so if any one could look into it or enlighten me on what happened to it that would be awesome.

I am just wondering if Cortana had the crystal and some how her and MC went back in time....or if Noble team acquired it and some how survived.

Side not: everything that happens in the books, comics, and games ARE fact (in the Halo world) unlike Star wars, Star trek....and such.   

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 16:54:47 »
I hear the crystal was destroyed, and that The Covenant got their hands only to some small shreds. :P
Reach was glassed by ~99%, leaving only the CASTLE Base untouched. At least that's what I heard...
Though the ruins could have surfaced in reaction of the Glassing (or they just became seeable after the ground on them was gone).
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 18:48:33 »
First planetary confirmations of Reach were in early 21st century.[1] Originally colonized in the early 25th century[4] for its rich titanium deposits, Reach exported more of it than any other non-automated human world[1] and had mines throughout it running thousands of meters deep. ONI's secret CASTLE base was located in one of these mines underneath Menachite Mountain. ONI commandeered the mine after it breached a secret complex beneath Reach's surface containing a Forerunner artifact that was highly desired by the Covenant. The fact that this artifact was so valuable to them is perhaps the main reason anyone survived the aftermath of the Fall of Reach at all, as the Covenant were afraid of destroying it. This facility was also the birthplace of the legendary SPARTAN-II Program.

The Spartan IIs were trained and housed on Reach. It was said by Fred-104 that Reach was their home, and every Spartan II would fight to the death to defend her.[7] It was hinted that Reach was more important to the Spartans than Earth, the home world of humanity.

CASTLE Base is an ONI base located on the UNSC colony of Reach, inside Menachite Mountain, two thousand meters below the Highland Mountains. Protected by massive amounts of granite, reinforced concrete, plates of Titanium-A, and EMP-hardened metal,[1] it is virtually bombproof, well defended and virtually impenetrable.[2] CASTLE Base could withstand the force equivalent to an 80 megaton nuclear blast. The complex was originally a titanium mine, but was closed down after the mine breached the Forerunner complex below.

Dr. Catherine Halsey had an office in CASTLE Base, as did Colonel James Ackerson. The Spartan-IIs were familiar with CASTLE Base. During the Fall of Reach, the base was Delta Team's fallback position. William-043, Vinh-030 and Isaac-039 arrived here. They were soon accompanied by Frederic-104 and Kelly-087. It turned out that Dr. Halsey was left in the base as well in order to activate Operation: WHITE GLOVE to prevent the Covenant from getting UNSC technologies.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 22:35:03 »
If you didn't already know: The covenant carved glyphs into planets with an Energy Projector.

Also ( not documented) but it is possible to survive after a partial glassing as revealed in the short story The Return.

The Return is the twelfth short story in Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe. Written by Kevin Grace, this story follows a Sangheili Ship Master as he travels back to the Human colony world Kholo. This story takes place after the events of Halo 3 in which the Sangheili are no longer serving the San 'Shyuum.

Set six years after the end of The Human-Covenant War, a Sangheili Shipmaster returns to the glassed colony of Kholo in order to find forgiveness for his sins.

In the present timeframe, after several days of searching, he discovers Kig-yar pirates fighting humans.[4] After killing the Kig-yar he finds a lone human survivor. Realizing the survivor would soon be dead, the Shipmaster leaves him and continues looking around the base.[5] Soon, he finds photos of humans pestering with Forerunner technology, including a Monitor.[note 1] Realizing this could be what he was looking for, he returns to the human survivor and calls for help.[6]

Another little side note: the atmosphere would be damaged in the glassing of the poles let alone the rest of the planet, But spartan suits can recycle air for 90 minutes so the atmosphere wouldn't matter as long as they got off in time and didn't get hit by the bombardment itself.