Author Topic: New ViDoc! "A Spartan Will Rise"!  (Read 3517 times)

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
New ViDoc! "A Spartan Will Rise"!
« on: August 17, 2010, 11:11:23 »
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
Re: New ViDoc! "A Spartan Will Rise"!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 16:39:14 »
Thats Halsey right! I do hope she becomes the new Miranda by telling us tips and what to do. I hated not having Cortana in my head.

Off to find shotcodes!
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 17:28:33 »
Because most of the ViDoc is in-game, I don't expect to find any shotcodes (exluding from the last part where Halsey is seen).

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 17:55:40 »
Yea, that last scene had a lot of info on it. The computer she is using had stuff on the bottom left (Its backward and hard to read). Can anyone get a snap shot and post it?

thebraino

• SGP Moderator
  • The info you came here for is on that side... --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 17:59:19 »
Thats Halsey right! I do hope she becomes the new Miranda by telling us tips and what to do. I hated not having Cortana in my head.

Off to find shotcodes!
Yeah, I'm fairly certain that's the AI talking about which spartan she's using. At first, I thought the references of fate were pertaining to Reach, but at the end, I realized she was just talking about her own virtual existance, lol.
I don't think 'she'll become the new Miranda', but the AI will definately be based off of Halsey, thus the pun 'great minds think alike'.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 18:13:35 »
Yea, that last scene had a lot of info on it. The computer she is using had stuff on the bottom left (Its backward and hard to read). Can anyone get a snap shot and post it?
Here it is!
It seems to have some info about the AI...(I think...or something...:P)

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 18:40:07 »
HIGHCOM / SPECWAR / GROUP_3
AI - AIRTC / DIRCT FEED / SAT / REG
RICH / WRY / UTKZT / EPSZ / BOCTH/ SWD/SL D2
55081/6/RN0816
DSQ-FD 44 // 709
(((BARCODE?)))

CIA391

• Caps are cool I'm wearing one now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 21:43:34 »
It can't be Halsey unless it's a legendary ending because Halsey didn't find out about the S-III's untill Ghost's of Onyx (She gained the info in First Strike)
So if this make's sense Halsey must say this between GOO and any time onward or it's not Halsey.
Unless if this is like that ODST VIDOC Desperate Measures Halsey never says this excluding the last line.

"So, you've made your choice? Yes, well... great minds do think alike."

Another thing behind the lady there's the screen that goes away. On it it says Kat and Carter is MIA with another Spartans face.
Pic

Urban Holland also makes an appearance.
Urbans first mention
Urban pic in VIDOC

That cover's anything interesting in the VIDOC.
A frog once said if you read this you'll die but how would he know you'll die. He's a frog and frogs can't talk. Who would listen to this frog. So to read this he just wasted your life for a few minutes meaning you are closer to dying anyway so the frog was telling the truth but frogs can't talk?

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 16:53:39 »
It can't be after GOO because she's trapped in the center of the Shieldworld at the end right?  I am pretty sure this ViDoc is Halsey talking to Auntie Dot about which Spartan she(Auntie Dot) is choosing to save her from the Fortress on Reach.

She refers to Noble 6 as having a "Very Deadly" rating, which only one other Spartan has (presumably the Chief).  I think that this scene is Halsey seeking a transporter for Auntie Dot and Noble Team happens to be the closest group of Spartans.  Halsey then goes through all the members of Noble Team and settles on 6, when Auntie Dot chooses Noble 6 to be her carrier.

The Arkaeologist

• SGP Moderator
  • Those lions look awfully familiar....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 18:45:40 »
I am pretty sure this ViDoc is Halsey talking to Auntie Dot....I think that this scene is Halsey seeking a transporter for Auntie Dot and Noble Team happens to be the closest group of Spartans.  Halsey then goes through all the members of Noble Team and settles on 6, when Auntie Dot chooses Noble 6 to be her carrier.
I think Apollo is correct on this, especially if the Halopedia article about Auntie Dot is correct.  About 47 seconds in, upon Halsey's command to "Show me Noble team," we see a graphic of an AI working in response.  This image is very similar to Auntie Dot's symbol.  And here CG and I were all hyped that it might be our beloved Cortana!

As for Halsey's presence, I can think of two explanations.  First, we don't really know much about the shield world that is accessed at the end of Ghosts of Onyx and we know nothing about what happens to the characters once they enter it.  Like John and Cortana's, the fate of Halsey, Kelly, Fred, Mendez etc. is unknown.  Since we know nothing about the workings or real (in terms of human time and space) location of the shield world, I suppose it is possible that Halsey is operating from there or has returned from there, but this would put the events of Reach, the game, well after the events we commonly associate with Reach, the planet, since the shield world doesn't open until November 2552. This does not seem to juxtapose with the script of the vidoc, which leaves one with the impression she's in some kind of command and control center on Reach during or in the immediate aftermath of the destruction of Reach.

The more likely explanation is that the events depicted in the vidoc - and one assumes the game as well - are taking place during the period after the Fall of Reach (around August 30) and before Halsey's rescue from Reach by John, Cortana, and company sometime between September 7 and September 12.  Does this mean John could conceivably make an appearance in Reach?  I bring you good tidings:  it is possible.  For according to the Halo canon, at least as best as CG and I can figure after a three hour phone call on Saturday which involved lots of annoying mumbly speed-reading on my part, John is, if you like, in two places at once.  (This is a poor and I think incorrect way to put it but bear with me.)  

The physics escape me - and it is all about physics, as time travel gimickry always is.  But the gist is that after the events depicted in Halo 1, John travels back in time via the amazing powers of the crystal discovered by Halsey and team on Reach.  How, you ask, is this possible?  In version 1 of events, John is in cryo in slipspace aboard the Pillar of Autumn on his way from Reach to Installation 04, or to the events of Halo 1 if you like, from August 30 to September 19.  He fights the Flood and Covenant for approximately three days.  On September 23, Cortana, John, et al enter slipspace aboard the stolen Ascendant Justice for their journey back to Reach.  During the journey, some unusual things happen and we are made aware that Cortana has become unable to predict the length of their trip/their destination time with her usual pinpoint accuracy.

Meanwhile, on Reach, Halsey and several Spartan-II's (NOT III's mind you) have fled underground to escape the Covenant, who are in pursuit of a holy relic.  Beneath Menachite Mountain and the UNSC complex located there, Halsey et al discover this relic/crystal on September 7.  The crystal is revealed to bend time, space, and gravity. (For more on the crystal, read Enigma's largely plagiarized post here :P.)  After John's team's rescue of Halsey and the Spartan-II's with her, it is revealed that it is September 12.  On September 13, John and company indeed make the "first strike" (I never understood the title of this book until now) when they attack the Unyielding Hierophant, the base where Truth is massing Covenant to attack Earth.  Now what does this all mean?  I am not the one to explain it for sure but these are the things I grappled with in trying to understand this.  Does this mean John has to go back and re-do the destruction of Halo 1?  How do the events of timeline 2 re-converge, so to speak, with the events of timeline 1?  OR, if you prefer, how does John's physical body (John #2, space traveler) catch up with John #1, Halo destroyer?  This isn't really explained as First Strike ends on the 13th.  I imagine a physicist would tell me it's a moot point and there's only ever one version of John, but just at the moment I start to grasp some hazy outline of this, my mind blows up.  :o  I theorize (perhaps?) that it has something to do with slipspace and the fact that John #1 is in slipspace, which is outside of time and space (read:  some sort of eternal now) when John #2 is rescuing Halsey.  In this sense, the Johns are one and the same.  Or something like this....I just made that last part up but I think it sounds cool.

And thank you, CG, for bearing with me and providing all your ideas regarding this thorny issue, which has perplexed me all summer.

P.S.  
It can't be Halsey unless it's a legendary ending because Halsey didn't find out about the S-III's untill Ghost's of Onyx (She gained the info in First Strike)
I too am puzzled by Halsey's appearance, CIA, though it does seem to be her.  The presence of Spartan-III's on Reach is a complete mystery to me.  The Spartan-III is the brainchild of Col. Ackerson, Halsey's mortal enemy. Halsey is not privy to the development of this program, nor would she approve of the methods - Spartan-III's are basically a cheaper, more expendable version of Spartan-II's.  Further, Ackerson advocates for the abandonment of Reach.  Why would he do this if he knew his troops were on the ground?  Is this a renegade group of Spartan-III's or (perhaps more likely) an early experiment that Ackerson wishes to be destroyed?  Are there two batches of Spartan-III's, unbeknownst to us, one engineered by Halsey, one by Ackerson?  Is Noble Six the Spartan-III flash-clone version of the old MC himself?  For these reasons, though, I think it is unlikely the the main game events will revolve around Halsey and Master Chief.  The Spartan-II's with Halsey underground are named, and they are not Noble Team.

All that said, I will be vastly disappointed if there isn't something that brings us full circle, especially after all the run-up taglines such as "From the Beginning You Know the End" and, in this case, "A Spartan Will Rise."  @:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 21:11:21 by The Arkaeologist »

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 21:07:18 »
Ark, you're way of thinking and your wits seem to never cease to amaze me. Heavy text, miss.(Or is it lady? No, infact, just forget what you just read inside these brackets.) :)

While I wont comment on the case of Halsey, I must say that I think I understand this time travel case you have told us about. Chief IS in two places at the same time.

Think it like this: There is a theory that there is always the same amount of matter in the unvierse. If something would dissappear, the same amount of matter would reappear [at some point](Don't quote me).
Therefore, if Chief would go to slipspace, he would reappear, and the amount of matter would be equal again, right?
BUT: When the crystal Halsey and Spartan-IIs discover send out a radiation spike, it somehow changes the slipspace: because of this, Chief is now going back in time, causing him to come out of the slipspace 16 days before the jump began, at Reach. He then saves Halsey, does awesome stuff and goes to Earth with the others to warn about Covenant.
6 days later, The Battle of Aplha Halo begins, and the Chief is there, fighting, at the same time while he's on Earth preparing for Battle (and some medals). After the Battle is finished and Alpha Halo destroyed, Chief The Destroyer jumps to Reach, but because of a radiation spike from the Crystal, it becomes a timejump.
And after that, only 1 Chief is there. The one at Earth, and the amount of matter is equal again.

Now, you probably didn't get a thing. If you did, I seem to still be able to write somehow nicely even after midight.
Shall I draw I picture? Maybe later. ;)

The Arkaeologist

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 21:43:42 »
Speaking of people who never cease to amaze me, you and Pulse, Mr. Imppa, with your incredible language skills definitely qualify!  I am totally humbled by you guys.  Speaking of you two, what is the European release date for Reach?

Thanks for your explanation.  I think it helps some, though I'm still not quite there.  I do feel myself getting closer.  :D  I'll reread it later when I'm fresher.

I do have a question though:
He then saves Halsey, does awesome stuff and goes to Earth with the others to warn about Covenant.
6 days later, The Battle of Aplha Halo begins, and the Chief is there, fighting, at the same time while he's on Earth preparing for Battle (and some medals). After the Battle is finished and Alpha Halo destroyed, Chief The Destroyer jumps to Reach, but because of a radiation spike from the Crystal, it becomes a timejump.
And after that, only 1 Chief is there. The one at Earth, and the amount of matter is equal again.
I thought the first appearance of Chief on or near Earth - and after September 23 - was the beginning of Halo 2, October 20, 2552, when we find him at a medal ceremony on Cairo Station.  Is this what you're talking about?  The when may be irrelevant as far as your theory goes, but I'm trying to make sure I'm on the same page with you.

Wait a second, I think I'm with you.  So you're basically saying the September 23 MC (call him John 1) more or less "disappears" when he enters slipspace to go back to Reach because his time-traveled version (call him John 2) is already somewhere in the universe, all matter accounted for and having performed all his various acts of derring-do?  My mind explodes!

Is this right, Imppa?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 13:03:30 by The Arkaeologist »

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 22:05:25 »
I too am puzzled by Halsey's appearance, CIA, though it does seem to be her.  The presence of Spartan-III's on Reach is a complete mystery to me.  The Spartan-III is the brainchild of Col. Ackerson, Halsey's mortal enemy. Halsey is not privy to the development of this program, nor would she approve of the methods - Spartan-III's are basically a cheaper, more expendable version of Spartan-II's.  Further, Ackerson advocates for the abandonment of Reach.  Why would he do this if he knew his troops were on the ground?  Is this a renegade group of Spartan-III's or (perhaps more likely) an early experiment that Ackerson wishes to be destroyed?  Are there two batches of Spartan-III's, unbeknownst to us, one engineered by Halsey, one by Ackerson?  Is Noble Six the Spartan-III flash-clone version of the old MC himself?  For these reasons, though, I think it is unlikely the the main game events will revolve around Halsey and Master Chief.  The Spartan-II's with Halsey underground are named, and they are not Noble Team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb5coBvOGVY  This might support you.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 12:29:56 »
Speaking of people who never cease to amaze me, you and Pulse, Mr. Imppa, with your incredible English language skills definitely qualify!  I am totally humbled by you guys.  Speaking of which, what is the European release date for Reach?
Thanks, the opinion of a native speaker is always the best in this case! ;)
I think the release date is the same. We're not THAT far away from US. :P

I do have a question though:
He then saves Halsey, does awesome stuff and goes to Earth with the others to warn about Covenant.
I thought the first appearance of Chief on or near Earth - and after September 23 - was the beginning of Halo 2, October 20, 2552, when we find him at a medal ceremony on Cairo Station.  Is this what you're talking about?  The when may be irrelevant as far as your theory goes, but I'm trying to make sure I'm on the same page with you.
Well, in Halo: FIRST STRIKE we didn't see the moment when the Gettysburg arrives to Earth, but it is mentioned that they are heading there. I can't say surely WHEN did they reach Earth (Nobody can), but halopedia states that FIRST STRIKE reveals that Earth's Orbital Defence Platforms came online 14th September.We can assume they were at Earth at that time already.

Wait a second, I think I'm with you.  So you're basically saying the September 23 MC (call him John 1) more or less "disappears" when he enters slipspace to go back to Reach because his time-traveled version (call him John 2) is already somewhere in the universe, all matter accounted for and having performed all his various acts of derring-do?  My mind explodes!

Is this right, Imppa?
I think you got it. :D

The Arkaeologist

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 13:18:31 »
Thanks, the opinion of a native speaker is always the best in this case! ;)
Yeah, hope I didn't sound condescending about this (i.e., let the snotty American bestow praise!).  I really meant it as a compliment.  I sorta speak a second language (Spanish) but I would hardly attempt to explain physics and time travel using it.  :-X

I think you got it. :D
Yea!  High five!

And yes (ahem), I know where Europe is, Mr. Smartie Pants.  The EU release date has historically been a day or two later (or much later in the case of Halo 1), ODST's worldwide release being an exception. As I've told you before, don't make me come over there with my ODST energy sword!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb5coBvOGVY  This might support you.
Interesting....I didn't know the Insurrectionists were active on Reach.  And certainly not as late as 2552.  Hmmmmm....Where are they going with all this?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 13:43:17 by The Arkaeologist »