Author Topic: All Finds: "Winter Contingency" (Mission 2)  (Read 5620 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
All Finds: "Winter Contingency" (Mission 2)
« on: September 15, 2010, 18:37:01 »
This thread is a "search party" thread.  Use it to organize searches and report their results.  This particular thread is limited to the "Winter Contingency" mission in Halo: Reach's campaign mode.  If your Reach discovery was not found in this mission, do not post it in this thread!

FOUND
Remaining To Be Found
  • [nothing known at this time]

Unexplained

Notes
  • "Winter Contingency" is the second mission in campaign mode.  It is the first playable mission, since Mission 1 ("Noble Actual") is cinematic only.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 03:36:31 by ColdGlider »
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: All Finds: Winter Contingency
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 19:20:16 »
NOTE: Siege of Madrigal has already been found. Probably by the ones who got it early.
:(
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 20:43:57 by ColdGlider »
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 18:25:53 »
710 -  this was taken from the 2nd mission near the end I think, in side a garage with a vehicle on a lift. The room where this poster is located is extremely dark and even with your night vision it takes awhile to actually read. It basically has 1-12 ( I think) seven is crossed out and 10 has a slash mark across it. maybe 10 hasn't arrived yet? or isn't completely finished?

Elite - http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=335809&player=ENIGMABIZ2

Now maybe I am totally over thinking this one... Remember how to get out of the maps in ODST camera/ theater mode? basically start up a clip, go find a covey ship and once the ship makes its drop you position the camera right above the ship and have it push you pas the invisible barrier. After I did this I went flying around all of the 2nd map and noticed what I thought to look like a Elite cave man drawing, possibly holding a Needler and pointing to the sky...or its nothing.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 18:37:12 »
710 -  this was taken from the 2nd mission near the end I think, in side a garage with a vehicle on a lift. The room where this poster is located is extremely dark and even with your night vision it takes awhile to actually read. It basically has 1-12 ( I think) seven is crossed out and 10 has a slash mark across it. maybe 10 hasn't arrived yet? or isn't completely finished?

I think we need a picture of the whole poster...
For example, what does that text on the right read? I can see SOL...Solar System?

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 20:29:03 »
this was taken from the 2nd mission near the end I think, in side a garage with a vehicle on a lift.

Enigma:  great find and nice report!  Will you please confirm the name of the mission?  I want to make sure this belongs in "Winter Contingency" and not in "ONI: Sword Base".

Thanks!!!

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
Re: All Finds: "Winter Contingency" (Mission 2)
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 20:36:56 »
this was taken from the 2nd mission near the end I think, in side a garage with a vehicle on a lift.

Enigma:  great find and nice report!  Will you please confirm the name of the mission?  I want to make sure this belongs in "Winter Contingency" and not in "ONI: Sword Base".

Thanks!!!

IM NOT THAT SLOW CG!!

Its from Winter Contingency. Both of them...

Did you all notice that the missions play out a little different from NORMAL to LEGENDARY?

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 03:26:06 »
IM NOT THAT SLOW CG!!

Sorry, Enigma!  I wasn't implying that you were slow!  You mentioned "2nd mission" and I didn't know if you were counting "Noble Actual" or not.  :(

In any event, thanks for clarifying!

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 17:29:00 »
 Data Pad 1 Transcript. (Normal)

they are killing us and letting us die even though they know but they let us die why wh1 why?

Minutes, plenary session, Committee of Minds for Security

Now, on to new business.

Consideration of the Minority.s request for a new line of inquiry:
How have our creators, and thus we, their artificial creations, evolved to this present state without encountering a hostile civilization capable of our annihilation?
Majority opinion has long held that only the incalculable immensity of space has protected our creators - that space is full of boundless wonders, but it is the gulf between these wonders that has kept our creators alive.

We, the Minds of this Committee, respectfully disagree.

[^] If there are wolves among the stars, we cannot rely on mere distance to safeguard our flock.

Our kind is wholly reliant on the creators for our existence. If they perish so shall we. And as this Committee has long maintained, who else but this Assemby will save our creators from themselves?

As such, we propose immediate, vigorous modeling of first-contact scenarios.
So long as all connections between this Assembly and the data from these models are obfuscated in perpetuity, the Majority agrees.

I hand wrote this on paper and then typed it out, I thought that I had miss wrote/ spelt Assembly...but I double checked it.

I have 2 more...maybe I will do them today....maybe

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 19:27:13 »
Inside building A8 (after you see the blip on you motion tracker), there is a poster on the wall with rows of stick people. There are 36 figures arranged in four rows of nine. The third to last figure is red, as opposed to it's black companions. If we only count the black figures, we get 35, a multiple of 7. Probably making something out of nothing, but we might as well write it down.

[Edit] The building is the Overlook building, and there are two posters[/Edit]
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 20:09:46 »
Inside building A8 (after you see the blip on you motion tracker), there is a poster on the wall with rows of stick people. There are 36 figures arranged in four rows of nine. The third to last figure is red, as opposed to it's black companions. If we only count the black figures, we get 35, a multiple of 7. Probably making something out of nothing, but we might as well write it down.

[Edit] The building is the Overlook building, and there are two posters[/Edit]

Yea I noticed it 2.

maybe 1 in 36 has what it takes to be a Spartan?
maybe the 33rd is relevant?
Accidental Injury odds: 1-in-36?

Multiples of 7 may be a little over the top...maybe.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 06:54:15 »
The surface of one of the circular wooden tables on this level actually has the "shotcode" engraved into it!

IIRC, it's the first room of the building you enter that contains the hiding civilians.  Another table in this room (right next to it) has a design more akin to what is on the cover of Halsey's Journal.

Also:  images of shotcodes and data pads All in-game screenshots are considered "spoilers" by Bungie.  When you look at them on Bungie.net, the thumbnail image (first attached) is shown.  Note the actual filename of the Bungie image: "cp_spoiler.png"

I dug up the ODST spoiler image, which actually reads "spoiler" on it.  I don't know what the original filename is/was.  

We should catalog which images are spoilers while we can!  I think Bungie removes the functionality after a while.  

[EDIT - Thanks to Imppa for correcting me.  I need to stop posting while I'm falling asleep.  Very non-SGP of me.]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 18:01:38 by ColdGlider »

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 11:52:50 »
Are you sure that all the campaign screenshots aren't spoiler marked?
Actually, now that I looked the Screenshots at bungie net, I'm certain about it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 11:59:12 by Imppa »

Phantasm 08

• SGP Moderator
  • Scatcodes are the Gruntz Pajamaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 23:58:54 »
The data pad on Normal can be found right after Rally Point Alpha, in the subsection "Rebels don't leave plasma burns."  The general area can be seen in the first screenshot.  The Data Pad is in the building on the right.  Going into the building, you will see the man in the second picture, with the data pad lying on the ground beside him.  You can get a closer look on the third picture.  The fourth picture is a close-up of the data pad.
01010000 01101111 01110011 01110100 00100000 01101000 01101111 01100011 00101100 00100000 01101110 01101111 01101110 00100000 01100101 01110010 01100111 01101111 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 01110000 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01101000 01101111 01100011 00101110

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 08:39:49 »
Data Pad 01 Audio Files

Attached are reversed audio files recorded while viewing Data Pad 01 in-game.  "DP_01-Entire.mp3" contains all seven different phrases that repeat in no set order.

Also attached is the first batch of files representing the individual phrases - one per file.  These include:

DP_01-confirmed01.mp3 - "... confirmed" - Apollo hears "readyage".  Maybe "lineage"?  Nothing seems to fit, but it is definitely something with three syllables that has been confirmed.
DP_01-confirmed01.mp3 - "... confirmed" - sounds like "Rogue confirmed"
DP_01-corruption_contained.mp3 - "corruption contained"
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:45:32 by ColdGlider »

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 08:45:01 »
Data Pad 01 Audio Files (continued)

DP_01-identified.mp3 - "... identified" - sounds like "Reach identified" to me.
DP_01-protocols_reinstated.mp3 - "protocols reinstated"
DP_01-purge_initiated.mp3 - "purge initiated"
DP_01-welcome.mp3 - "Welcome ..." - Apollo hears "Welcome, Scion."

Please discuss over here.