Author Topic: Secret Switches on The Package  (Read 2945 times)

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
Secret Switches on The Package
« on: September 24, 2010, 21:05:40 »
HaloReachPlanet (yes, that) discovered other (or rather, third) switch on The Package. By activating it together with the one found earlier, you can unlock 4 usable banshees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ld45D9SoCM

They may be "bastards" so-to-speak, but they sure are productive bastards.
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Switches on The Package
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 22:14:33 »
Yes they are. And we're not. ("Bomb dropped!")
I am tree.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 22:35:17 »
HaloReachPlanet (yes, that) discovered other (or rather, third) switch on The Package. By activating it together with the one found earlier, you can unlock 4 usable banshees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ld45D9SoCM

They may be "bastards" so-to-speak, but they sure are productive bastards.

Now why on Earth would you need banshees? I mean to activate the 1st switch you practically need to mop up everyone.
Very interesting, what if you can access ANOTHER area....maybe.

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 00:19:40 »
Is this before you can actually jack the banshees?  If not, then they are double redundant.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 00:37:32 »
Is this before you can actually jack the banshees?  If not, then they are double redundant.

OR ARE THEY!?

Did you guys ever play old school Doom or Wolfenstein? secret doors with in secret doors...

switches leading to switches Banshees leading to ???

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 06:06:45 »
Did you guys ever play Wolfenstein?
Are you kidding???
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 21:40:45 »
It is actually good to have someone puling us back to the ground level at times. :)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 13:42:48 »
It is actually good to have someone puling us back to the ground level at times. :)

It's good to be realistic, but this negativity is a little excessive.  You cannot compare our productivity level with that of HaloReachPlanet's:  they began posting videos of their findings as early as SEPTEMBER 2nd.

They had almost TWO WEEKS to search around for easter eggs before the general public was even in the game.  To put this in perspective:  they were playing the game for as long as we have been playing since the actual release date.

Now if we had that kind of jump on things... knowing we had an "advance" preview of the game for two weeks... I think we probably would have found as much or more than them.  The fact is that a lot of us have been enjoying matchmaking with our friends, probably in part to the knowledge that most of the secrets were already found.

Personally, I have been spending much more time on this site than I have been playing my new Halo game.  If you're unsatisfied with my efforts or productivity, I'm afraid that I am already doing as much as I can for the SGP with my available free time.  The resources to collaborate and publish content have been put into your hands...  so please take it upon yourselves to directly address any perceived lack of productivity.

This is only the beginning of Halo: Reach.  There is much more to enjoy beyond the immediate thrill of unlocking hidden easter eggs.  Most of us will be playing this game for years to come.  So enjoy it!
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 13:56:15 »
Personally, I have been spending much more time on this site than I have been playing my new Halo game.  If you're unsatisfied with my efforts or productivity, I'm afraid that I am already doing as much as I can for the SGP with my available free time.  The resources to collaborate and publish content have been put into your hands...  so please take it upon yourselves to directly address any perceived lack of productivity.
You have (and are still doing) an amazing job around here; we can't argue about your input, since it is above all. :P
Heck, we shouldn't argue about anyones input: the mere fact that they care to come here and say hi is already unarguable. And true, they have had much more time in their hands than us, though, I wonder: how long would've it taken for us to find them?
Meaningless it is, though. I am certain that there is more to find.

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 14:37:58 »
It's good to be realistic, but this negativity is a little excessive.
I see you don't like that about me, CG. But to tell you the truth, destructive criticism and negativity is a common characteristic of the Portuguese people. Believe me: there's no other people who come close to us on that. Our literature... oh boy, it really does show who we are.
On the Medieval Age we even had a type of musical poetry called "Cantigas de escárnio e maldizer", which means something like "Songs of mockery/scorn/ridicule and cussing/saying-bad-stuff-about-people".

It's a cultural thing, man, I can't change the way I am. :)

(I'm not joking.)
I am tree.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 15:03:01 »
No, problem, Pulse.  I understand. 

I do value your high standards of quality, as I have mentioned before.  And I personally feel that your positive contributions have far exceeded your negativity.  (Look at our logo, for instance!)   For the sake of our non-Portuguese members, I think its sometimes valuable to have a counterpoint to some of your comments, though.  Because of the cultural difference, I think you sometimes come across much more harshly than you intend to.  I don't want folks here to misinterpret you as anything other than the passionate, bright, and loyal member that we know you as.

::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 16:49:53 »
On the Medieval Age we even had a type of musical poetry called "Cantigas de escárnio e maldizer", which means something like "Songs of mockery/scorn/ridicule and cussing/saying-bad-stuff-about-people".
So you guys had rap in Midieval Ages?

Back on topic.

We have seen Bungie do things simmilar to this. The ghosts in Halo 3, and the mogosses on Costal Highway. This means the Banshees are ment to get you somewhere in a different way than normal. Who wants to shove a Banshee all the way through Sword Base?
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 16:51:54 »

Back on topic.

We have seen Bungie do things simmilar to this. The ghosts in Halo 3, and the mogosses on Costal Highway. This means the Banshees are ment to get you somewhere in a different way than normal. Who wants to shove a Banshee all the way through Sword Base?
What? I thought the level ends there? Or do you mean backtracking? Backtracking does sound like a good idea...
I feel it

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 17:42:26 »
The second switch on "The Package" which spawns 4 banshees on the map and allows you get out of bounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_LKXgd0o4M

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 18:25:33 »

Back on topic.

What? I thought the level ends there? Or do you mean backtracking? Backtracking does sound like a good idea...

The banshees spawn ontop of the first building that you can see (I think)
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!