Halo ODST > Report In!

SGP: Sick Phantom

<< < (3/3)

Vandal:

--- Quote from: Imppa on March 20, 2011, 12:14:35 ---I think that we should first try to figure out what causes this sort of behavior...Lag? Loading problem/glitch?
I've actually seen this to happen on Reach, as well. The falcon that took me to the Communications Outpost drove like a drunk, really. The destroyed warthog that it first landed on might have been the cause...Hm.

We do have more pressing concerns to deal with, though, but if someone has time/interest, this could be looked into, too.

--- End quote ---

I'm going to have to go with that the phantom and the falcon went crazy because they have designated paths, and if we mess with the paths they will go nuts trying to fix themselves

Scatcycle:

--- Quote from: Vandal on March 20, 2011, 12:24:21 ---
--- Quote from: Imppa on March 20, 2011, 12:14:35 ---I think that we should first try to figure out what causes this sort of behavior...Lag? Loading problem/glitch?
I've actually seen this to happen on Reach, as well. The falcon that took me to the Communications Outpost drove like a drunk, really. The destroyed warthog that it first landed on might have been the cause...Hm.

We do have more pressing concerns to deal with, though, but if someone has time/interest, this could be looked into, too.

--- End quote ---

I'm going to have to go with that the phantom and the falcon went crazy because they have designated points, and if we mess with the paths they will go nuts trying to fix themselves

--- End quote ---
This is correct. After it has dropped off its troops and finished the last action, its next action is to drive toward a designated point. Since they are actual vehicles in the game, it's just like kat's driving. If she gets dislocated by a grenade, she will try to find the best possible way to get to the next point. But the phantom is a bit hard to control. Since they bumped the phantom, it is a bit off. It starts to go forward, then realizes: "I'm not going to make it to the point..." so it tries to veer left and do a U-turn to it can find the best possible angle. The only problem is, it didn't expect buildings to be in the way. If there was nothing to stop it, I assume it would have eventually made it to its point.With a warthog this is much easier. Phantom? Bit harder.

That's my theory.

BTW: All these theories and topics about ODST make me want to play it. Anyone down?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version